Other Editions > Other Editions - Feature Requests / Enhancements

Edition Request with its own Feature Requests

<< < (2/3) > >>

Miquel 'Fire' Burns:
Not sure if the code base is small enough when you consider using either SpiderMonkey or mHash on those devices, but the Command-Line edition is C++.

BTW, please come back and report something if you make any progress in getting the C++ code to work, or just need some help.

BTW, I really wish we had access to a SSL server for the mobile edition.

thibros:

--- Quote from: miquelfire ---BTW, please come back and report something if you make any progress in getting the C++ code to work, or just need some help.

--- End quote ---
Don't worry, I will. But before I would start any actual coding, I'd first have to set up the environment, read up about Symbian developement (my last bigger work was for the EPOC OS on a PSION, probably unknown to everyone here, but great device.  ), and get a "Hello World" working. Then I can worry about implementing any algorithms (btw, MD5 and SHA-1 are implemented in Symbian, I wonder if it'd be efficient to use them.)

--- Quote ---BTW, I really wish we had access to a SSL server for the mobile edition.

--- End quote ---
I have my own server, and I uploaded the mobile edition: https://h5071.serverkompetenz.net/passwordmaker/mobile.xhtml and I don't mind anyone using it, but the certificate is not generally trusted (self-issued), and you cannot be sure that I don't log the activity there, so I can't advertise it and it really is at everyone's own risk. Btw, my shortcut is m.thibros.com

If there'd be a way to proof that the script is untempered, I'm willing to cooperate, of course, and everyone may use that page. But opening all the relevant locations to the public would be too big a security risk, I suppose. There just isn't a perfect way to handling passwords over the net.

If you ever need other uses of a server, feel free to contact me.

Eric H. Jung:

--- Quote ---If there'd be a way to proof that the script is untempered, I'm willing to cooperate, of course, and everyone may use that page. But opening all the relevant locations to the public would be too big a security risk, I suppose. There just isn't a perfect way to handling passwords over the net.

--- End quote ---
We used to have our own trusted SSL certificate. Then we moved to SourceForge.net and they don't support SSL certificates

--- Quote ---If you ever need other uses of a server, feel free to contact me.
--- End quote ---
Many thanks. Please hang out in the IRC channel if you get a chance. I've not been there lately because of IRC client problems, but it has been an active place in the past. Is it still? Anyone?

Miquel 'Fire' Burns:
I'm the only one in there right now

thibros:

--- Quote from: Eric H. Jung ---We used to have our own trusted SSL certificate. Then we moved to SourceForge.net and they don't support SSL certificates
--- End quote ---
SSL is only half the deal, you also have to trust everyone with access to the server. The best deal is to have your own server, and hope it doesn't get hacked.

--- Quote ---Many thanks. Please hang out in the IRC channel if you get a chance. I've not been there lately because of IRC client problems, but it has been an active place in the past. Is it still? Anyone?

--- End quote ---
I used to chat with IRC and IM when I was younger, nowadays I rather take my time to formulate my thoughts. I don't mind if it's for a reason, though, so I'll try to drop by from time to time. Also, I'm ahead of your time, sitting in a Finnish forest, so we may not always meet.

--- Quote ---...but the Command-Line edition is C++
--- End quote ---
I took a look at the source code, and the hashing code is either in javascript, depending on spidermonkey (js32.dll), and I'm not sure that's easily portable. Or it uses mhash, whose source code I got from source forge (it's written in C), but what about the incompability with HMAC-SHA256? Is it because of version 0.9.6???

I feel like I know nothing yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version