Other Editions > Other Editions - Feature Requests / Enhancements

Edition Request with its own Feature Requests

(1/3) > >>

thibros:
I would like editions as stand alone product for PocketPC and also for the Symbian operating systems, most common are Series 60 (third edition coming now) and Series 80 (the communicator). I don't mind if someone wants to do Palm as well, of course.  

These editions should have following features:
- it keeps a list of frequently used URLs
- it keeps its master password in memory (and stored encrypted in a file) but to use the program, one must unlock it with movements of the cursor (stuff like: UP UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT UP UP ENTER), wich are set up like a local password. Entering this three times wrong will also open the program, but clear the master password. (All this is for easy of use, because the master password is usually hard to input on such a small device.)
- import of settings through rdf file
- import of settings from ftp-server

There's probably more that could be done, but this would be nice for a start.  

Of course, I'm not expecting anyone to actually do this now, this will probably go directly to the bottom in any priority list. But if something like this would exist, especially for smart phones, in my opinion PasswordMaker would get many more users (and contributors).

BTW, so far I didn't yet get any browser on PocketPC WME2003 SE to work with the JavaScript version. Are there any known workarounds?

I really love PasswordMaker, it makes me feels good. Thank you everyone.

morguns:

--- Quote ---BTW, so far I didn't yet get any browser on PocketPC WME2003 SE to work with the JavaScript version. Are there any known workarounds?
--- End quote ---
i got the online version to work on a couple of blackberries and palm treos. my memory isn't so good, however, so i don't remember the exact models.

Eric H. Jung:
The Mobile Edition works on almost every modern mobile platform. It doesn't have the niceties you requested, though.

thibros:

--- Quote from: Eric H. Jung ---The Mobile Edition works on almost every modern mobile platform. It doesn't have the niceties you requested, though.

--- End quote ---
PLUS that mobile edition needs an internet connection, and it calculates the password on the server and sends it to the device, so it would be best to use a SSL connection and my own server. Else I'd also have to trust everyone with access to the server, that nothing is logged.    Not an ideal situation.

I've always wanted to do some programming again, especially for PocketPC and Symbian S60. Just a basic interface would be enough, for the beginning, I suppose. (Like the widget). Is there any C++ code available? On the other hand, I'll probably have a busy summerm so I can't promise anything.

Eric H. Jung:

--- Quote ---it calculates the password on the server and sends it to the device, so it would be best to use a SSL connection and my own server.
--- End quote ---
For what it's worth, you can download the mobile edition and run on your own server (with or without SSL). Check the download section.

--- Quote ---Is there any C++ code available?
--- End quote ---
Yes, and Java, too. The CLI edition is written in C++, and there is a Java stand-alone edition which is 90-95% complete.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version