Author Topic: postulate username/password  (Read 5373 times)

Offline biella

• Normal Members
postulate username/password
« on: February 02, 2006, 09:44:49 PM »
just installed passwordmaker and changed a password with it. now when i am trying to log in again neither the username nor the password is being postulated. what am i doing wrong. right click on the password field does not open the contexmenu.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 09:57:56 PM »
Hi biella,

Hmmm... if no context menu comes up when right-clicking, that shouldn't be a Passwordmaker problem...

What is the site? Maybe its a problem just with that site?

Offline biella

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 10:16:38 PM »
the site is freerealtime.com . i also realised that on this site (passwordmaker) i can
rightclick the username and then postulate but the username is not being filled in as opposed to the password itself. there right click and postulate fills the password in so i can log on. what do i have to do in order to fill the username in with passwordmaker as well?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 10:29:49 PM »
Hi,

http://freerealtime.com appears to use HTTP Basic Authentication for login (the pop-up dialog prompting you for username/password). Automatic population of this type of login isn't currently supported by PasswordMaker. Support for it was requested here.

what do i have to do in order to fill the username in with passwordmaker as well?
You must enter a username in the Account Settings. Double-click "Defaults" (or create a new account), then type your username in the Username field on Page 1 (the first tab). Note this won't work for http://freerealtime.com, but it will work for other websites.

Regards,
Eric
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 10:32:00 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline biella

• Normal Members
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 10:37:58 PM »
ok no worries. thanks.
I set up an account for passwordmaker with username and all. and yes it postulates the username but it puts in a wrong password. it seems if i open an account it creates a new password for that account and does not use the old but also with passwordmaker generated one. is that so?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 10:44:54 PM »
I'm not sure what you're asking, but I think all you must do is change the password on the website to match the one PasswordMaker generated.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 10:44:54 PM »