Author Topic: Feature Requests List  (Read 2486876 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Requests List
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »
Is this working ok, for you, Eric?
Yes.

That said, having a simple visual indicator (black line?) showing where the account will go is, to me, a must to call this feature 'complete'.
OK.

Then certainly this ability should be disabled?
Yes, or it should be fixed so moving the defaults into a group doesn't break anything.

I can't really think of a good reason for someone to *want* to disable the ability to create new accounts - and you could always drag it back out anyway, no?
It's a bug, plain and simple. Right now you cannot drag it back out of a group.

Also, if it is dragged into a folder, does the Default Account functionality stop working?
I don't think so. Haven't done much testing with it because I'm instead working towards fixing the bug in the first place.

Same for me, I drag an account within a group and no matter where I drag it, it ends up as the last account in the group list.
OK.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2006, 07:45:16 PM »
Is this working ok, for you, Eric?
Yes.
Ok, I spent some time, and could not get this to work right.

I created a fresh, clean profile (FFox 1.5.0.1), with no other extension other than PWM 1.5, and it does the same thing. I created a single Group, and 5 Accounts under that Group.

No matter which Account I drag where, the one I grab always goes straight to the bottom of the list.

Eric, maybe you're not running 1.5.0.1?

Don't know what else could be different... Windows XP Pro sp2, all patches applied...

Let me know of you need anything else.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 07:45:46 PM by tanstaafl »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Requests List
« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2006, 08:03:05 PM »
Thanks. I'll revisit drag-and-drop later. Right now I'm trying to work on the more requested features.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2006, 08:49:12 PM »
No worries... you actually can arrange them the way you want... just start moving them in the order you want them to appear (top to bottom) - once you've moved them all, they'll be in the desired order.

Its not convenient if you want to make one small change though...

Anyway, its not a big deal for now...

LkonKbd

Feature Requests List
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2006, 10:31:11 PM »
Never done this before, VOTED, shw where do I place my vote for the FRE for "Re-order accounts on tree with drag and drop"?

Excuse me for typing in your forum,

Never done this before, VOTED, show where do I place my vote for the FRE for "Re-order accounts on tree with drag and drop"?

Excuse me for typing in your forum,

admin note: moved this post from this thread.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:38:31 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline major4579

Feature Requests List
« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2006, 09:43:29 PM »
If it's not too much effort I'd like to change a vote from:

- Ability to sort accounts tree by column

to

- Multiple "When URL Contains" entries to accounts.

Thanks
-John

PMW 1.7.1 and FireFox 1.5.0.12 on Windows 2000/SP4

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2006, 03:16:09 AM »
Quote from: major4579
If it's not too much effort I'd like to change a vote from:

- Ability to sort accounts tree by column

to

- Multiple "When URL Contains" entries to accounts.

Thanks
Done...

Quote from: LkonKbd
Never done this before, VOTED, shw where do I place my vote for the FRE for "Re-order accounts on tree with drag and drop"?
Hi LkonKbd,

I got two of your votes... 'Sort by Drag-n-Drop' and 'Hide Username if MPW not entered correctly', but what were the other ones?

Sorry... in the future, just add your votes here in this thread - its easier if they are all made in one place. If you want to COMMENT on a specifric Request - ie, discuss its merits, then by all means, do so in that particular thread...

Thanks, and as soon as you reply with your other votes, I'll update the list.

Charles

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Requests List
« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2006, 06:31:11 PM »
That said, having a simple visual indicator (black line?) showing where the account will go is, to me, a must to call this feature 'complete'.
My work on a visual indicator isn't going well. It turns out I stumbled upon a Mozilla/Firefox bug which prevents visual indication from working. You can read my conversion with Neil here, here, here, and here. I can fix drag-and-drop so it doesn't deposit the dropped item to the bottom of the group, but visual indication is out for now. Please move that FR (just the visual indication bit) under the "Supremely Difficult" section. A future version of Firefox will have this fixed, then it won't be supremely difficult.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2006, 08:02:41 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
My work on a visual indicator isn't going well. It turns out I stumbled upon a Mozilla/Firefox bug which prevents visual indication from working.
Sorry to hear it... I hope you haven't wasted a lot of time on it. I know that can be very frustrating.

I can fix drag-and-drop so it doesn't deposit the dropped item to the bottom of the group, but visual indication is out for now. Please move that FR (just the visual indication bit) under the "Supremely Difficult" section. A future version of Firefox will have this fixed, then it won't be supremely difficult.
Ok, I looked everywhere, and I don't see this anywhere in a FR...

The only place I see it is where I had asked for it, but it was only incidental in a discussion thread, not as a proper FR.

There are two requests for 'Visual Indicators', but they both have to do with Master Password Verification, not for visual feedback (black line) on drag-n-dropping Accounts.

Am I misunderstanding? The text you quoted had to do with the visual indocator I asked for for dragging-n-dropping the Accounts.

That said, I'll go make a proper FR for that right now, and place it into the Supremely Difficult category, so that others will see it. It isn't the end of the world, as long as you can get them to drop approximately where the mouse is, instead of going to the bottom of the list.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Requests List
« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2006, 08:05:53 PM »
That said, I'll go make a proper FR for that right now, and place it into the Supremely Difficult category, so that others will see it
Yes, that's what I meant. I know there's no proper feature request for it; everyone assumed it was part of the drag-and-drop FR.

Thanks.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2006, 08:11:50 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
Yes, that's what I meant. I know there's no proper feature request for it; everyone assumed it was part of the drag-and-drop FR.

Thanks.
Done... and ur welcome... and thank YOU!

Offline quixin

Feature Requests List
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2006, 12:30:40 PM »
Use URL Components as defined in Defaults when auto-populating 'When URL Contains' and 'USe This URL' fields for new Accounts

tanstaafl,  this feature was added to 1.5.1 and can be crossed off the list.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2006, 02:00:04 PM »
Quote from: quixin
tanstaafl,  this feature was added to 1.5.1 and can be crossed off the list.
Done... and quixin gets one vote back...

Offline quixin

Feature Requests List
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »
Add my vote for:

Import Settings into PasswordMaker Online

Thanks tanstaafl.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »
Quote from: quixin
Add my vote for: