Author Topic: Feature Requests List  (Read 2486862 times)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2006, 06:02:40 PM »
Hi Christy,

Just to clarify:

since I can see storing login passwords in passwordmaker, which leaves a small chicken and egg problem.
Passwordmaker doesn't 'store' your passwords anywhere, and only stores the Master Password if you choose to do so (by default it doesn not).

I'm not really keen on sending master passwords across the Net
Passwordmaker doesn't send your Master Password over the net. I'm guessing you are talking about the online version - the password is entered on a web page, yes, but it isn't sent acrosst the net, and it is on a secure (128 bit SSL) connection.

(or paying my carrier's extortionate data charges)
Well, there's nothing I can say to that one...

I have recorded your request and vote...

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Feature Requests List
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2006, 06:13:07 PM »
The mobile phone version does send the password over the net. And when the site is moved to Sourceforge, SSL is not an option anymore :(

But a version that runs on the phone without needing to connect to a server would be nice (and if I had a phone that supported anything that allows custom programs as well)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Requests List
« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2006, 08:06:42 PM »
Miquel is right. Passwords are sent over the internet, albeit using SSL, with the online mobile phone edition (you can use that link in Firefox and it works). That is because XHTML Basic and WML don't support enough scripting for the calculations to be done on the mobile device.

A Java J2ME edition has been started using the Legion of the Bouncy Castle crypto API and the code is in CVS. Obviously, though, it's not complete yet.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 08:07:35 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2006, 03:54:48 PM »
I sure will be glad when the email notification is working reliably...

Thanks for correcting me - I didn't know the online mobile phone edition did that - and glad to hear a J2MEE version is in the works.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Requests List
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2006, 04:44:25 PM »
I sure will be glad when the email notification is working reliably...
Please be aware that we (me, miquelfire, morguns, quixin) are actively working on this problem. The forums will shortly be hosted by aeshells.org.

Offline morguns

Feature Requests List
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2006, 01:33:39 AM »
Please be aware that we (me, miquelfire, morguns, quixin) are actively working on this problem. The forums will shortly be hosted by aeshells.org.
nothing like a little pressure to make things happen!! woo hoo!! :)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2006, 02:10:56 PM »
No worries - I probably sounded more irritated than I am - I just don't like it when requests for help and the like go unanswered for too long...

Eric, you guys are doing great, just take your time...

Offline Luhmann

Feature Requests List
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2006, 03:01:22 PM »
High priority:

- Multiple "When URL Contains" entries to accounts.
- Import Settings into PasswordMaker Online
- Mac OS/X dashboard widget (via old list)

Seems useful, but not sure if I need it yet:

- Encrypt passwordmaker.rdf
- Sync Settings
- Merge imports/append imports
- Choose which settings are saved as a cookie in the online version. (via old list)

Offline major4579

Feature Requests List
« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2006, 03:47:47 PM »
I believe I have 1 vote left and I'd like to cast it for "Auto-Submit and When URL Equals options"

Thanks
-John

PMW 1.7.1 and FireFox 1.5.0.12 on Windows 2000/SP4

Offline offroadsooner

Feature Requests List
« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2006, 09:04:47 PM »
I vote for 1 - Ability to sort accounts tree by column

Thanks very much.

Also vote for:

Re-order accounts on tree with drag and drop

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Feature Requests List
« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2006, 10:49:55 PM »
Wasn't this released in 1.5? I think Tanstaafl & Tyrantmizar haven't updated the list yet. By the way, do not drag-and-drop the default account into a folder! It's will prevent you from being able to create new accounts.

Offline RotiJohn

Feature Requests List
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2006, 04:35:13 AM »
Quote from: Tyrantmizar
Please add my votes for the above.

Thanks.

John
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 04:38:49 AM by RJohn »

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2006, 03:41:47 PM »
Wasn't this released in 1.5? I think Tanstaafl & Tyrantmizar haven't updated the list yet.
Actually, I just checked, and this is really buggy for me... I drag-n-drop, and there is no visual indicator of where it will go, and when I drop it, it goes anywhere but where I wanted it to go.

I do have a lot of extensions installed so guess it could be a conflict with one of them. I also have a few accounts (about 45). Is this working ok, for you, Eric?

That said, having a simple visual indicator (black line?) showing where the account will go is, to me, a must to call this feature 'complete'.

By the way, do not drag-and-drop the default account into a folder! It's will prevent you from being able to create new accounts.
Then certainly this ability should be disabled? Or at a minimum, a pop-up warning to this effect if someone does decide to do it. I can't really think of a good reason for someone to *want* to disable the ability to create new accounts - and you could always drag it back out anyway, no? Also, if it is dragged into a folder, does the Default Account functionality stop working?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Feature Requests List
« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2006, 04:02:59 PM »
Quote from: Luhmann
High priority:

- Multiple "When URL Contains" entries to accounts.
- Import Settings into PasswordMaker Online
- Mac OS/X dashboard widget (via old list)
Seems useful, but not sure if I need it yet:

- Encrypt passwordmaker.rdf
- Sync Settings
- Merge imports/append imports
- Choose which settings are saved as a cookie in the online version. (via old list)
Done - although you only get 5 votes, so I couldn't add the last two...

Please chek them to make sure I didn't goof... I did a lot of changes this time...

Quote from: major4579
I believe I have 1 vote left and I'd like to cast it for "Auto-Submit and When URL Equals options"

Thanks
Done...

Quote from: Brad
I vote for 1 - Ability to sort accounts tree by column

Thanks very much.

Also vote for:

Done...

• 10 - Multiple "When URL Contains" entries to accounts.

quixin, tanstaafl, miquelfire, ajw, popmonkey, avander_be, tyrantmizar, Felipe, jim28277, BHiko
  • 6 - Re-order accounts on tree with drag and drop

Romeo, ajw, miquelfire, Freddie, Tyrantmizar, major4579
  • 5 - Stand-alone java application

matneh, southpark, quixin, Mich, morguns

Please add my votes for the above.

Thanks.

John
Done...

Offline major4579

Feature Requests List
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2006, 04:13:31 PM »
Quote from: tanstaafl
Actually, I just checked, and this is really buggy for me... I drag-n-drop, and there is no visual indicator of where it will go, and when I drop it, it goes anywhere but where I wanted it to go.

I do have a lot of extensions installed so guess it could be a conflict with one of them. I also have a few accounts (about 45). Is this working ok, for you, Eric?

That said, having a simple visual indicator (black line?) showing where the account will go is, to me, a must to call this feature 'complete'.
Then certainly this ability should be disabled? Or at a minimum, a pop-up warning to this effect if someone does decide to do it. I can't really think of a good reason for someone to *want* to disable the ability to create new accounts - and you could always drag it back out anyway, no? Also, if it is dragged into a folder, does the Default Account functionality stop working?

Same for me, I drag an account within a group and no matter where I drag it, it ends up as the last account in the group list.
-John

PMW 1.7.1 and FireFox 1.5.0.12 on Windows 2000/SP4

PasswordMaker Forums

Feature Requests List
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2006, 04:13:31 PM »