Author Topic: This extension causes a bookmarks bug (visual) and I know where the problem is  (Read 13579 times)

Bugman

First of all, I think this extension is great.

Shortly after using this extension in Firefox 3.0.7/Vista, I noticed the following:

1) Go to any web page.
2) Right click on a blank area, choose "Bookmark This Page"
3) To the far right of the "Folder" area, click on the square with down arrow. It has the tooltip that says "Show all the bookmarks folders"
4) You'll notice all the folders here appear in BOLD, but they are not supposed to. If you repeat these steps with Firefox in safe-mode, you'll see they don't appear in bold.

I think I have found what is causing the bug. I looked through the source files for this extension, searching for "bold"
The bug is in passwdmaker.css, line 46
I changed line 46 to "font-weight: normal;" and the problem seems to be fixed.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
I'm wondering why I never got email notification about this post so I could have replied in a reasonable time frame.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Same here...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
This fix is now committed and will be in the next release.
http://passwordmaker.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/passwordmaker?view=rev&revision=454

Eric

Offline Bugman

• Normal Members
First of all, I think this extension is great.

Shortly after using this extension in Firefox 3.0.7/Vista, I noticed the following:

1) Go to any web page.
2) Right click on a blank area, choose "Bookmark This Page"
3) To the far right of the "Folder" area, click on the square with down arrow. It has the tooltip that says "Show all the bookmarks folders"
4) You'll notice all the folders here appear in BOLD, but they are not supposed to. If you repeat these steps with Firefox in safe-mode, you'll see they don't appear in bold.

I think I have found what is causing the bug. I looked through the source files for this extension, searching for "bold"
The bug is in passwdmaker.css, line 46
I changed line 46 to "font-weight: normal;" and the problem seems to be fixed.

i just updated to 1.7.3 and this bug is still here

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
That version was 'released' before the bug was fixed. Big backlog on the addons.mozilla.org site.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Bugman

• Normal Members
That version was 'released' before the bug was fixed. Big backlog on the addons.mozilla.org site.
what's the fixed version number? 1.7.4? i still haven't gotten the fixed version from mozilla.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Nothing been released yet. It's only in SVN right now. (it will be 1.7.4, unless a new feature bumps it up to 1.8)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
eh, i got a notice that 1.7.4 was approved...a week or two ago.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
I think that was 1.7.3 you're thinking of (which you forgot to update the version number in the about dialog)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
I think that was 1.7.3 you're thinking of (which you forgot to update the version number in the about dialog)

ah, true. I'm used to my other extensions which read the version number dynamically for display in the about dialog. Forgot that PasswordMaker doesn't do that!

PasswordMaker Forums