Author Topic: Desktop Edition 0.2.2 released  (Read 14435 times)

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Desktop Edition 0.2.2 released
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
A new version of the Desktop Edition has been released! Minor version update.

• Added message boxes for the import and export.

Remember to report any and all bugs you find (even if you think it may be your fault, it could be mine for confusing you)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

LkonKbd

Re: Desktop Edition 0.2.2 released
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:49:38 PM »
MiquelFire, miQuelfIre, miquElfirE,

Guess what??  If anyone will have a problem with this it will be ME,

"Error opening file for writing:

[Install location on my HD]\Desktop Edition\mingwin10.dll

Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file."

I have removed the last version, v0.2.1, and was installing this new version.  With IE v7.0, MFF v2.0.0.8, Add/Remove Programs all open in back ground.  Have now closed IE, A/R Prgrms.  Retry gives the same Error message.

My next step will be to close MFF and try again, expecting the same Error message.  Will try the 'Ignore' thingy next and will report back later.

Thank you for reading my message and hope my system will allow me back,

Edited by LkOnKbd > Well it has allowed me back so here goes more info, I am sure the 'Abort' would not install the software so I went for the 'Ignore' thingy, it completed after two clicks because it came back with the same error message the first time clicking 'Ignore'.  The second time finished.  Have not used it yet just installed.

Edited by LkOnKbd again > It is generating the correct password for the one and only one I am using it for, because; it will not access my other 'Custom Accounts'.  It is setup for just that one for now.

Edited by LkOnKbd again (third time) > Just noticed with this latest install there are now two 'GoldRing' icons in the Sys/Tray.  Is that supposed to happen?  Will a reboot remove one of them?  Can I use them both?  May I ask another question?

L8R dude,
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:20:57 PM by LkOnKbd »

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 01:51:30 AM »
You have to either use CTRL+Q or a quit option from some menu to actually close the program.

It's possible that the error is related to an older version already running or something. Either that, or you may want to run a check disk to make sure that file isn't in a corrupted part of your drive (I had that happen to me before... actually, never had that issue since...)

LkonKbd

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:59:39 PM »
You have to either use CTRL+Q or a quit option from some menu to actually close the program.

It's possible that the error is related to an older version already running or something. Either that, or you may want to run a check disk to make sure that file isn't in a corrupted part of your drive (I had that happen to me before... actually, never had that issue since...)

MiquelHOT,

A Re-Boot did remove both of the GoldRingys in the SysTray, 'till I re-open the PWMD Edition v0.2.2 and it will add another Ringy each time I click on the ICON from the Start/All Programs/Password Maker/PasswordMaker Desktop Edition.  So I guess the answer really is DoNot re-open the PWMD Edition v0.2.2 from the Start/(as before)/PasswordMaker Desktop Edition, instead use the ICON in the SysTray to re-open.  That way there will not be an additional ICON created and added to the SysTray.

As for the ERROR message, do not know what caused that as I had removed the original version 0.2.1 before the install.  So it was NOT running, but; the file mingwm10.dll is installed and I hope working OK.

Thank you for the reply and reading this message or Posty Toastie,

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 04:11:11 AM »
I have code I wrote which detects if the executed executable is already running and, if so, brings its window to the foreground then terminates. This would make a good addition to the program's entry point. Unfortunately, the code is Windows-specific. Do you want it, miquel?

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 01:39:02 AM »
I'll take the code, but there's things that I want the app to do down the line that the only cross platform way to do things is with a TCP socket open. Using this may work here as well, but adds yet another QT module to this edition. (Actually, there's a class, but we need a license to use it...)

LkonKbd

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 06:24:51 PM »
Miquel 'Fire' Burns,javascript:void(0);
Wink

javascript:void(0);
EmbarrassedNoticed you have changed your UserID on here, hope my screw-up did not cause this problem 4 U.  Go pour a glass of ICE water over your head to cool off.  BAG ! !

UndecidedHave noticed when opening PWM/DT Ed even when the RDF has been imported the fields for InPut URL and URL to be Used are not filled in.  When I type/Cpy-Pst to the Input URL is also inserted to the URL to be Used which is not the combinations I use.  javascript:void(0);
ShockedThe URL to be Used is some other URL, may not even be connected to that site I am logging into.

WinkThis is NOT a complaint nor reporting as an 'UnDocumented Feature' (BUG) just to inform you.javascript:void(0);
Smiley

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 03:47:01 AM »
Make clearer posts in the future please.

Note: Input URL and URL to be Used (which will be changed to the correct Using text label when account support is added, and if I forget at the time, let me know), will be blank. Input URL serves the same purpose as the address bar in Firefox (as far as PasswordMaker uses it anyway) so that has no reason to save anything.

LkonKbd

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 04:08:42 AM »
Make clearer posts in the future please.

Note: Input URL and URL to be Used (which will be changed to the correct Using text label when account support is added, and if I forget at the time, let me know), will be blank. Input URL serves the same purpose as the address bar in Firefox (as far as PasswordMaker uses it anyway) so that has no reason to save anything.

Not really sure what you mean by "Make clearer posts in the future please."  In an attempt to keep my wordy messages as short as possible that was what I was working on.

I used the titles that are within the PasswordMaker Desktop Edition under the 'Edit Defaults' radio button there is a field titled 'Calculated URL of current site:' this should be the same as the 'Input URL', correct?  I hope so because that is what is displayed.  Also it is understood these fields will be blank until a website is selected.  Not a problem there, the info in the second field on the opening box of PasswordMaker Desktop Edition should be the same as the link used in "Use the following text to calculate the generated password:" in PasswordMaker Advanced for FireFox.
Thank you for reading my Roaster toaster,

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 05:53:56 AM »
It was all those javascript.void(0); (and other stuff) that I was talking about.

And unless you have all checkboxes on the URL tab checked, the "URL to be Used" may not be what you typed in anyway. The proper use is that you copy and paste the URL to the "Input URL" field, then the parts you have checked will fill in the "URL to be Used" field.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 06:30:52 AM »
It was all those javascript.void(0); (and other stuff) that I was talking about.

I have a feeling "javascript.void(0)" is where he was trying to insert emoticons. Lkon, scroll up and re-read your post. It's funky.

LkonKbd

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
Yes, Eric I agree, just was doing what you had suggested, emoicon insertion.

Could not find where you select the ability to show them.  Just thought it was my display would not.  I will STOP experimenting with the HTML as they are not showing the correct ICONS when you drag and drop.

I extend my apologies,

Miquelfire,

I fully understand the check boxes and what should be inserted.  It is just that what appears in the lower box, "URL to be Used" is the equivalent of "Use the following text to calculate the generated password:" in the Advanced Mode.  If I have information entered there and then enter the "Input URL" the info in the second box is replaced by the last input of the top box.  I just need to enter things in proper order form TOP to bottom so I do not have to go back and redo.

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 01:24:40 AM »
You just click the emoticon, not drag and drop. Or learn how to enter them manually.

LkonKbd

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 01:54:14 AM »
NOPE, will not use them at ALL.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 01:54:14 AM »