Author Topic: Strange . .  (Read 6529 times)

LkonKbd

Strange . .
« on: October 07, 2007, 07:19:54 PM »
When logging in I am shown as being on line for 5 hours 59 min clicked on OTHER and now shown as being on line for 6 hours 8 min.  I have had my system on and off several times in the last 9 hours and the last time on was about 2 hours ago.  What is the meaning of that time on line thingy?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Re: Strange . .
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »
Hi Lkon,

As usual, you like to ask questions about the forum software--software we didn't write and don't really have anything to do with :)
My understanding is unless you click the "Logout" button in the upper left then your session remains active for some time because the forum software doesn't "know" when that you've turned off your computer.

LkonKbd

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:05:03 PM »
OK!I fully understand.  At least you are learning about your software on your forum.

I try to come here at least once a week or more to review what has been going on.  Did not know about the forum not knowing about our leaving lest we LogOut.  Not a problem, thought maybe I had somethingy set Wrong.  Nice to know it is NOT me, for a change.

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 12:37:14 AM »
 Total time logged in: 1 days, 7 hours and 3 minutes.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 01:23:05 AM »

There's probably a setting in the admin control panel to reduce the session time.

LkonKbd

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 04:19:20 AM »
Eric,

No need, it is not a problem just was a little curious.  Now I know what it is about all is well.  When I notice thingys like that there is a need to ask a question.  Maybe I will learn and others will will as well.  I will make all efforts to keep these types of questions to a minimum.  I am just a very curious animal when I am in new territory.

Have a good evening we will see you and others again tomorrow, time now for sleep, I bid you ado, sleep well,

There's probably a setting in the admin control panel to reduce the session time.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 04:19:20 AM »