Author Topic: Your better look at this  (Read 6431 times)

Offline Romeo

Your better look at this
« on: July 26, 2005, 01:57:32 AM »
Eric,

Have you seen this?  It seems like these guys are trying to copy and then commersionalize your idea.  You better have a talk with your lawyer about this.  It appears that they are trying to cash in on your idea.

I have not read all the details, but the intro sounds a lot like what you are doing.

Romeo   :o
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Your better look at this
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 03:24:32 AM »
Hi Romeo,

Yes, know about PwdHash. Their site is here. It's nothing to write home about (yet, anyway). I think you missed this part of the article:

All the security tools are free browser plug-ins available at Stanford's Web site.

If you find any features it has which you'd like to see in PasswordMaker, let me know.

-Eric

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Your better look at this
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 03:39:44 AM »
BTW, thanks for telling me about PwdHash even though I already knew about it. If you come across others, keep me informed! (I already know about Password Composer).

I do want to make sure no one is "stealing" PasswordMaker or its copyrights.

Thanks,
Eric

Offline Romeo

Your better look at this
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 01:50:47 PM »
Eric,

I do want to make sure no one is "stealing" PasswordMaker or its copyrights.
That is precisely why I posted a link to this article here.  I didn't think their solution even comes close to touching the PM solution, but I wanted to make you aware of it anyway, so that you could keep an eye out.

But I thank you for offering to include other features, which I might find worthwhile.

Here is one, which I do not know if it's part of theirs, but how about adding a little indicator in the toolbar showing that you are fixing to log into an account, which is defined in your account settings, or not.  That way, the user will know that he is logging in to a valid site, as opposed to a spoofed site.  Kind of similar to spoofbar, except a little bit more sophisticated.

BTW, I will also post this in the feature request thread.

Romeo
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Your better look at this
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 02:27:52 PM »
how about adding a little indicator in the toolbar showing that you are fixing to log into an account, which is defined in your account settings
Sounds good! One color if the defaults are being used, another if a specific account is being used. I'd like to put it in the statusbar instead of the toolbar, though.

I will also post this in the feature request thread.
That would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

Your better look at this
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 02:27:52 PM »