Author Topic: email comprimised?  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Frosty

• Normal Members
email comprimised?
« on: July 19, 2006, 10:16:40 PM »
As I'm sure some others do, I use a different mail alias for anything I sign up for. Like in this case, I used [email protected] to sign up for these forums. I don't use that alias anywhere else, but I am now receiving a great deal of unsolicited mails to this address.

Was the forums database comprimised at some point? Whilst I'm not too bothered about the spam, as my mail setup has correctly identified each mail as unwanted and placed it in the Junk folder, it is still a little unnerving how they got hold of the address in the first place.

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
email comprimised?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 02:23:13 AM »
It may have been compermised when it was hacked last night. If the e-mails came before then, I'm not sure if it was from the same attack or not.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
email comprimised?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 07:04:18 AM »
Other people have been complaining about the same thing. The forums were hacked and email accounts stolen. Read here.

My apologies,
Eric

Offline thibros

email comprimised?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 02:58:34 PM »
Quote from: Frosty
As I'm sure some others do, I use a different mail alias for anything I sign up for. Like in this case, I used [email protected] to sign up for these forums. I don't use that alias anywhere else, but I am now receiving a great deal of unsolicited mails to this address.
I do the same thing, and as for me, I didn't get any spam to my email I use here. So the emails might have been stolen between March 2nd and May 7th. Unless only selected users got the spam.

Offline Frosty

• Normal Members
email comprimised?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 10:03:29 PM »
It started just a couple of days ago, so it could of been related to your recent break-in. Sorry to see you were the victim of such a callous act of childishness, it happens to us all. It is the internet after all, it has its fair share of idiots.

PasswordMaker Forums

email comprimised?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 10:03:29 PM »