5 (71.4%)
On half my sites, on the other sites I use my 'default' password
0 (0%)
Not really, I use it mainly to store my 'normal' passwords
0 (0%)
Never
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: PasswordMaker Usage Poll  (Read 6839 times)

Offline thibros

PasswordMaker Usage Poll
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:54:15 PM »
Hi,

Please tell me how you use PasswordMaker, not only because I'm curious, but also so that the development of the software is pointed into the right directions.

If you don't like the questions or answers, just post about your usage. Or other comments. If you have specific thoughts on where you'd like PasswordMaker to go, though, please use the Feature Request Lists.

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
PasswordMaker Usage Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 02:30:26 AM »
Basically here's a run-down of how I use it. If I don't have an account for a site, I'm not using a generated password for it. I do my account manament at home only, so signing up for an account elsewhere will get a default password until I get home.

Actually, my current default settings have a space in the characterset for some reason. Don't ask, an IRC chat caused that.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline offroadsooner

PasswordMaker Usage Poll
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:45:10 AM »
I use PasswordMaker to create the password for every password I must have.  I do use Roboform for the ease of Fill and Submit on the page (a type of one click log-in) but I always create an account on PasswordMaker for every site/password (I currently have over 25 or so).

My wife prefers Roboform and I prefer not having the password stored anywhere but I am comfortable with the level of encryption from the Roboform data with my master password.  In any case, I can use AxCrypt or True Crypt to further secure the data in the Roboform files also if I ever needed to do such a thing.

My wife has accused me of being a little paranoid about computer security lately...although I am working up to making a TrueCrypt partition on my hard drive, but that'll take some time before she warms up to such a thing.

I must admit that I simply love the program and am amazed how the level of my password security has increased considering that PasswordMaker's user interface and implementation is so simple....

Brad

« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 05:54:59 AM by Brad »

LkonKbd

PasswordMaker Usage Poll
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 12:52:24 PM »
Quote from: Thibros
Hi,

Please tell me how you use PasswordMaker, not only because I'm curious, but also so that the development of the software is pointed into the right directions.

If you don't like the questions or answers, just post about your usage. Or other comments. If you have specific thoughts on where you'd like PasswordMaker to go, though, please use the Feature Request Lists.

'Thibros' "BYA' > I am very glad someone is asking these questions, I feel they should be a little different or some others should be added.

Added, maybe:

#1. I use Defaults:

A. 100% of the time.
               B. Most of the time.
               C. Not very often.
               D. Not at all.

#2. I use different settings for each account, Custom:

A. 100% of the time.
             B. Most of the time.
             C. Not very often.
             D. Not at all.

For #1. question for myself would be "D. Not at all."

For #2. question for myself would be "A. 100% of the time."

Excuse me for not even reading my own questions, BAG!!  

If I had more time there would be more info but at this time I am pressed for time so here is just my short list.

Thank you for reading this,
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 12:56:27 PM by LkonKbd »

Offline thibros

PasswordMaker Usage Poll
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 09:14:50 PM »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I would have done more questions, but the poll function only allows three.

As for your poll questions, my answers would be D and D.

I like to hear more about what people think about security, but on the other hand people who are serious about it shouldn't talk about it. The more you reveal about this, the more vulnerable you'll become.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PasswordMaker Usage Poll
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 06:36:34 PM »
I can enable more questions per poll if you are interested. Let me know.

LkonKbd

PasswordMaker Usage Poll
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 01:50:58 AM »
Quote from: Thibros
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I would have done more questions, but the poll function only allows three.

As for your poll questions, my answers would be D and D.

I like to hear more about what people think about security, but on the other hand people who are serious about it shouldn't talk about it. The more you reveal about this, the more vulnerable you'll become.

"Thibros,"

Excuse me for not posting again sooner, had a wedding to attend in Orlando, Fl.  Just now getting back to my system and some of the forums I hold membership.

Yes, you are correct about making us more vulnerable by revealing our methods of operations.  If we hold back all of our operations how will you know how we are using your program?  No answer is really needed for that one, guess it is to tell you why I am posting this info.  Besides with so many items that can be changed or adjusted to change the way a password is generated makes it even difficult for me to keep track.  And I know what is being used.  That is one of the many features that makes PasswordMaker so RICH.

Now for your poll,

I use the generated passwords > On every site I use < That is where a username and password is required.

I use accounts > On almost every site I use, including autopopulate < Finally have learnt how to use the AutoPopulate feature.

For remote access > Not really important to me < I only use my home system because that is all I have.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 01:54:47 AM by LkonKbd »

PasswordMaker Forums

PasswordMaker Usage Poll
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 01:50:58 AM »