Author Topic: Add New 'Current Account Password' field next to Username  (Read 10982 times)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Add New 'Current Account Password' field next to Username
« on: April 03, 2006, 03:35:17 PM »
This FR is from this thread...

Create a new field, called 'Current Password' or similar, that the User can enter when creating a new Custom Account. If this field is empty, PWM will use its own generated password according to the Account Settings, but if it is not empty, then it will use whatever is in this field for the password.

This is a pre-requisite for, and will make it much easier to add some 'Password Management' functionality that will be a separate FR that I will post in the near future. I'll try to remember to post a link in this thread when I do. In short, this functionality will make it easy to convert existing passwords for new PWM Accounts to passwords generated by PWM, and/or to simply change your passwords.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:20:43 PM »
Also, I think that the Username and this new field, 'Current Password', should be moved to the first Tab - maybe directly under the 'Name' field - and rename the 'Name' field to 'Account Name', for clarification purposes. I think this will make PWM less confusing for new users - and will tie in nicely with the 'Password Management' FR I'm working on.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 04:22:01 PM by tanstaafl »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:50:20 PM »
Yep. Great ideas, and not that difficult. Please add to the FRL.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:50:20 PM »