Author Topic: It's Good to Have it Back  (Read 11475 times)

Offline Romeo

It's Good to Have it Back
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 01:08:18 AM »
That could very well be.

BTW, talking about releases, what will the next one be?  Will it be another beta?  Incidentally, I do like the option in beta 3 to populate arbitray fields.  It seems to work quite well and I do like the way you have implemented it.  I knew that you would come up with a great implementation of this feature.
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 04:29:36 AM »
The next release won't be a beta; it will be the real thing. The only reason beta3 hasn't been "finalized" yet is because I want to fix the bug reported by major in this post. I haven't had time to look at it in depth yet because my wife and I have been dealing with moving (we purchased a new house and are trying to sell our current one).... needless to say, I've been quite busy! Add to that the switch of hosting environments for PasswordMaker.org and there hasn't been much time for real coding...

Offline Romeo

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »
we purchased a new house and are trying to sell our current one
I totaly understand.  That can really be quite taxing.  Then, to boot, as you said, there was the move of the site and the forum.  You have indeed been quite busy, lately.

BTW, a while back I had asked you how to remove PM completely.  You said to just remove the rdf file.  I didn't try that at the time, because it seems like that file only contains the settigns?  What about the code, which is installed.  How would I remove that, or does that get removed, when I uninstall?

The only reason I am asking is NOT, because I want to stop using PM, but because I am tryng to find ways to fix the installation, when the next version comes out. - Just trying to cover all the bases, because I couldn't get by w/o PM.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 03:01:56 PM by Romeo »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 05:00:02 PM »
What about the code, which is installed. How would I remove that, or does that get removed, when I uninstall?
You can uninstall the code using Firefox's Extension Manager (Tools->Extensions). In Extension Manager, select PasswordMaker then click the "Uninstall" button. After that, the only remaining PasswordMaker file is passwordmaker.rdf. You have to manually delete that.

By the way, upgrading to a new version automatically uninstalls the old version for you.

Offline Romeo

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 07:03:14 PM »
Quote from: Eric H. Jung
By the way, upgrading to a new version automatically uninstalls the old version for you.
I was just wondering, because I had uninstalled the previous version in my test profile, closed my browser, and installed the beta3.  It didn't work.  It started working only after I installed a new profile.

I guess there must have been some other problem with the test profile.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 07:03:14 PM »