Author Topic: PasswordMaker Firefox Edition on Ubuntu Linux  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PasswordMaker Firefox Edition on Ubuntu Linux
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »
Anyone using PasswordMaker Firefox Edition on Ubuntu Linux? Someone told me that the Advanced Options dialog is modal on that platform, and also there's no minimize button. In other words, after opening PasswordMaker, the only way to get back to Firefox is to close PasswordMaker.

Offline morguns

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 11:11:11 PM »
Someone told me that the Advanced Options dialog is modal on that platform
huh? definition of modal: "Of or pertaining to a mode or mood; consisting in mode or form only; relating to form; having the form without the essence or reality. --Glanvill." not sure i get the relevance to passwordmaker.

there's no minimize button
confirmed, only a close ("x") button in firefox 1.5.0.1 in breezy ubuntu.

In other words, after opening PasswordMaker, the only way to get back to Firefox is to close PasswordMaker.
sorta, but stating the obvious, you don't _have_ to close passwordmaker to get back to firefox. you can alt-tab to firefox, click on the firefox taskbar button, click on the firefox window title bar, or drag the passwordmaker window off  the screen and get back to firefox.

there is, however, another bug. double-clicking (or clicking too fast) on the scroll up/down buttons to scroll one line at a time or above/below the scroll bar to scroll a screen at a time in the advanced options window opens the properties for whatever group/account is currently highlighted. i think i remember this happening in winxp too, can anyone verify?

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 11:11:11 PM »