Author Topic: The <ALT>~ bug is back  (Read 11618 times)

Offline Romeo

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« on: February 23, 2006, 10:43:33 PM »
Eirc, I installed beta 3 in my test profile and it appears that when I use the <ALT>~ keyboard combination, the password des not get populated.  Instead of the password, the correct username gets entered into both fields.  When I then enable the auto-populate feature and hit <CTRL> R to refresh, it works just fine.

So, it appears that the bug, which you fixed earlier, raised its ugly head again.  :reallysad:  :reallysad:
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline morguns

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 01:57:45 AM »
i'm not able to replicate this. the alt-` worked fine at three different sites for me.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 02:40:06 AM »
i'm not able to replicate this. the alt-` worked fine at three different sites for me.
Thank god! I was starting to panic--I can't reproduce it, either.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »
Also unable to reproduce... tried three different sites, works fine for me...

Offline Romeo

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 05:13:37 PM »
I just tried it again to make sure that I didn't mess up somewhere, but it still doesn't work.  In some cases, it puts the username in both fields and in some, it just puts the username in the username field.

I must be doing something wrong, if you guys can't reproduce.  The functionality in general, seems to be the same as in previous versions, correct?

Offline Romeo

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 05:25:41 PM »
I just tried to ininstall and reinstall, I tried a couple of different accounts and none of them seem to work with alt~.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 05:26:10 PM by Romeo »

Offline quixin

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 05:45:44 PM »
For reference, All forms of usernames & password population are working for me with the latest beta.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 07:27:56 PM »
Hi Romeo,

You've yet to provide any specific details. Can you please provide the following info?
  • A URL where the problem occurs
  • Are you matching the URL with the Default Settings or a custom account?
  • If using custom accounts for this URL, how many accounts match?
  • Do you have Automatically populate username and password fields for sites that contain this URL checked?
  • Do you have any custom auto-populate fields defined for the relevent account(s)/Default Settings?
  • Which version of PasswordMaker and browser are you using?
Thanks,
Eric
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 07:29:05 PM by Eric H. Jung »

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 08:06:48 PM »
Eric,

These are all custom accounts.  I do not use auto populate for these accounts.  One URL, for example would be http://www.bankofamerica.com/ with that exact string for when URL contains.  In this particular case, I have two accounts matching this URL.  In another case, I have only one URL match the setup.  And I do not use any autopopulate fields.  As for the version, this only happens in the latest, the beta3.  My 1.4.4 beta1 works just fine.

Thanks,

Romeo

Offline Romeo

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 09:13:55 PM »
Eric,

These are all custom accounts.  I do not use auto populate for these accounts.  One URL, for example would be http://www.bankofamerica.com/ with that exact string for when URL contains.  In this particular case, I have two accounts matching this URL.  In another case, I have only one URL match the setup.  And I do not use any autopopulate fields.  As for the version, this only happens in the latest, the beta3.  My 1.4.4 beta1 works just fine.

Thanks,

Romeo
Sorry, but that was me.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 12:14:18 AM »
Romeo,

Alt-` works for me at http://www.bankofamerica.com/. I created a single, custom account with When URL Contains and Use This URL both equal to http://www.bankofamerica.com/. I set a username to grimholtz.

Then I manually navigated to http://www.bankofamerica.com/. I pressed Alt-` and was prompted for the master password. I entered (and confirmed) the MPW, and both Online ID: and Enter Passcode: fields were populated.

Do you have your MPW saved to disk/memory? Does it matter if it's saved/not saved? Help me to reproduce this, otherwise I can't fix it!

Regards,
Eric

Offline Romeo

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 12:57:52 AM »
No Eric, I do not have it saved to disk.  Also, I forgot to menion, I use FF 1.5.0.1.  Again, it works when I have it auto popuolate.  It just doesn't do it with alt ~.  This seems extremely weird to me.

Thanks,

Romeo

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 03:11:47 AM »
Can anyone else replicate this problem with Romeo's specific info (e.g., Bank of America)? I cannot...and without experiencing the bug, there's no way to fix it.

Offline Romeo

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 02:19:45 PM »
Never mind.  Sorry for the false alarm.  I tried to install it on a fresh/new profile and it works just like it's supposed to.  I guess the profile I installed it on, is totally hosed.

I just created a new 'test' profile and it seems to work.

Thanks for all your concern.    :D

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 03:36:21 PM »
:gaah:  :wallbash:

PasswordMaker Forums

The <ALT>~ bug is back
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 03:36:21 PM »