Author Topic: Making command-line work  (Read 20446 times)

Offline lordgreggreg

Making command-line work
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 08:32:45 PM »
Quote from: miquelfire
Eric was working a java class for the 'math stuff' as you put it. Not sure how far he got with that though.

Also, I tried to design the actual generating code to be separate from the interface code so that if we get a GUI designer (for C++ at least), they just make the GUI and call one function with the needed parameters to make the password.

That sounds great!  Yeah, i was just hoping to ba able to call the method, and it just outputs a string of the password.
GregHendrickson

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Making command-line work
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 08:39:49 PM »
I'm a java developer, too. I have Java classes I wrote which do password calculation in java, although they don't do it accurately yet. However, the object model is solid.

How about we make this all native java? What do you like to write GUIs with in Java? Swing? AWT? SWT? Something else? By the way, if you're interested in doing two java GUIs, one for J2SE and one for J2ME, we could make a stand-alone mobile edition (which many people continue to ask for) as well as a desktop version. The back-end code which I've written is already J2ME/CLDC-compliant.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 08:41:27 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Making command-line work
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 11:26:09 PM »
Eric was working a java class for the 'math stuff' as you put it. Not sure how far he got with that though.
I just checked it into Subversion so everyone can take a look. You can browse it on-line here. As I wrote, it doesn't actually generate the correct passwords yet (bugs in my implementation of rstrany() maybe?), but the object model is workable. Let me know what you think.

Offline lordgreggreg

Making command-line work
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 12:22:40 AM »
Thats great!  With a solid object module, I can make a gui to work with it.   I use Swing for the most part, and some awt if i need.  And i really don't see the point of making too of em, but thats probly becuase I don't know the difrence between java me and se.
GregHendrickson

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Making command-line work
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 12:51:20 AM »
OK, well let me know what you think of the code I checked in.

PasswordMaker Forums

Making command-line work
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 12:51:20 AM »