Author Topic: Using pwm Across various browsers  (Read 3896 times)

Offline jim28277

• Normal Members
Using pwm Across various browsers
« on: February 10, 2006, 06:51:13 PM »
Kind of a newbi question. I have PWM installed as an extension on FF (home computer). I create various account settings and to increase security, I use different hashings for each account and change some of the other settings (prefix or sufix) to make each account unique and more secure. Works great with FF and I would image it would work equally well between various machines, ASSUMING I used FF on each machine. There-in lies the rub. I use FF at home and Internet Explorer on my work machine (corp security dictates this for us). I know there is PWM version for IE but it does not have all my account specific information that I embedded in my FF version. How can I make PWM work for me using this scenerio. Do I need to export an HTML copy of all my FF acount settings and carry it with me so i can refer to it on my office machine using IE or am I missing something here? Thanks for your help,
[span style=\'color:red\'][span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'font-family:Times\']Jim[/span][/span][/span]

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 07:30:08 PM »
Hi Jim,

You are right; this is a problem. There is a feature request which asks that the IE version (and the online version) permit the import of a settings file. Please vote for that feature. In the interim, I think you either have to make the settings file available at work (don't forget about the FTP ability!) or keep the settings simple enough so you can remember them in order to use IE and/or the online version.

By the way, the IE version is only beta1 and has some serious usability problems. I'd recommend voting for that if you want more time committed to making it better.

Offline jim28277

• Normal Members
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 07:54:56 PM »
My votes have been submitted. Thank Eric
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:55:55 PM by jim28277 »
[span style=\'color:red\'][span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'font-family:Times\']Jim[/span][/span][/span]

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 07:54:56 PM »