Author Topic: OSX Dashboard Widget  (Read 7877 times)

Chris Trevino

OSX Dashboard Widget
« on: February 14, 2006, 11:12:13 PM »
Hey Guys,

I love passwordmaker! I've been using the online version, and I see that there is a Yahoo! widgets version available. Is there any work being done on an OSX dashboard widget? If not, I'll volunteer to do that. Are the hashing algorithms available in a C++ or Java library?

Thanks,
Chris

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
OSX Dashboard Widget
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 02:20:13 AM »
Hello Chris,

Currently no work is being done on an OS/X dashboard widget because none of the developers have OS/X! Well, to tell the truth, I do have a VMWare image of OS/X i386, but it runs much too slow on my Windows XP  machine for anything other than a novelty.

We would be most grateful for an OS/X edition, especially because it has been requested by numerous people.

The hashing algorithms are available in javascript, java, C++, PHP, and C#. It's my understanding that dashboard widgets are written using HTML, Javascript, and CSS. If that's the case, it would be easiest for you to use the javascript code.

You really don't have to know anything about hashing algorithms in order to use them--they are arranged as "black box" functions... just call them with input and they return the correct output.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed; what can we do to assist you?

Regards,
Eric

OSX Dashboard Widget
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:20:16 PM »
Hey Eric,

That sounds excellent, where can I download the hashing algorithm code?  

I'm actually fairly new to OSX myself, but I'

Chris Trevino

OSX Dashboard Widget
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 03:22:40 PM »
Whoops,

I'm new to OSX myself, but I've done alot of other work (Paint.NET, and I'm a programmer by day). I'll look into the widget documentation this weekend and see if I can hack together a decent UI.  Where can I d/l the hashing algorithm code? And how should I contact you with updates and the like?

-Chris

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
OSX Dashboard Widget
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 04:45:14 PM »
Look under the download section.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
OSX Dashboard Widget
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 05:25:03 PM »
Hi Chris,

Where can I d/l the hashing algorithm code?
You can do what Miquel suggested, but then you'll get one huge JS file instead of one file per algorithm. I think the latter is easier to code against. So download the firefox XPI extension and open it with a ZIP tool (XPIs are just ZIP files). Expand it. You'll find the hashing algorithms in the /crypt directory. AES.js is for two-way encryption of the master password, while all the other files are for different hashing algorithms. You'll also want l33t.js (one directory up from /crypt) which is used for leeting text.

And how should I contact you with updates and the like?
Well, firstly you should register on these forums. Then I can grant you access one of the private forums where all the developers communicate. You can discuss implementation stuff there. Updates you can simply email to me, and we'll get them up on the website.

Offline darthtrevino

• Normal Members
OSX Dashboard Widget
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 06:07:30 PM »
Sweet! Hook a brotha up with the dev forum!

-Chris

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
OSX Dashboard Widget
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 07:40:20 PM »
Done. I hope you don't mind that I resized your avatar--it was kinda big!

Offline darthtrevino

• Normal Members
OSX Dashboard Widget
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 08:43:41 PM »
That's fine, I was probably going to shrink it later anyway.

I like the background too, lol

-Chris

PasswordMaker Forums

OSX Dashboard Widget
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 08:43:41 PM »