Author Topic: PasswordMaker 1.5 beta 2 for Frfx/Moz/Netscp/Flock  (Read 16229 times)

LkonKbd

PasswordMaker 1.5 beta 2 for Frfx/Moz/Netscp/Flock
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »
"SirEric,"

I thought the colors of an item that is selected and the text are controlled by the USER's settings in "ControlPanel">Display, mine is any way.  Maybe using a color like ivory or lime green for the band may have an effect on how well the TEXT can be seen.  I have had mine set to lime green with the text set to black and will change it back to those for testing.  I had changed mine to select is black and text is ivory which gives me some problems in the grey bands but that is my problem to correct.

Thank you for reading this,

LkonKbd

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2006, 01:17:16 AM »
"SirEric,"

I just changed mine to selected item>LimeGreen/w Text>Black.  Works just fine except when selecting an account that is in a grey bar there is no color change.  Those that are having difficulties reading their selection could be checked by clicking on 'Start Button' > Settings > ControlPanel > Dislpay > Appearance > Selected Items.  That is on Win98SE not sure what it will be on XP, 2K, 2K3, NT, etceteras.  I attempt to keep mine set to Black so it will show through just about any other color.

LkonKbd

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2006, 01:48:40 AM »
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but; my FF will not adjust the size of the TEXT on a WebPage by clicking on MenuBar > View > TextSize > Ctrl++ (to increase) or Ctrl+- (to decrease).  This DUMMY and unco-ordinated DOLT was holding down the Crtl key and moved the mouse WHEEL to scroll DOWN and the print became larger so I held the Ctrl key down and moved the mouse to scroll UP and the text became smaller.

Anyone else have this feature?

Thank you for reading this,
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 01:50:48 AM by LkonKbd »

Offline morguns

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 03:06:23 AM »
i think i stumbled upon another bug with 1.5b2. i opened the advanced options screen and selected some custom fields to display (url to use and the like). then i tried to resize the selected fields and that's when the choo choo left the rails. trying to resize the colums ended up looking like i was trying to rearrange them, and i couldn't resize them at all; everything endup up squished up to the left and unreadable. the only fix i found was to unselect the extra fields and display just the name (default) field. i wanted to make sure it wasn't my system, so i did a quick reboot. alas, the issue persists. i apologize for the less than stellar description, but hopefully i'm getting the point accross.

Offline morguns

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2006, 03:28:52 AM »
edit: For testing, I've been using Yahoo! Mail, http://mailbolt.com, and this custom page.
i just noticed your edit eric, so i tested both your test page and fastmail, the alt-` didn't work for either one.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2006, 04:12:34 AM »
the alt-` does not work at gmail.com. i have multiple accounts, and when i hit alt-`, the popup displays the accounts i can choose from. neither double clicking or highlighting and then clicking 'ok' populates the username and/or password fields...each of the gmail accounts has its own settings (not default). no special fields are specified (no prefix, suffix, modifier, etc.) let me know if i can be more specific.
Thanks, now I can reproduce the bug and am working on it.

moved the mouse WHEEL to scroll DOWN and the print became larger so I held the Ctrl key down and moved the mouse to scroll UP and the text became smaller. Anyone else have this feature?
This is a standard feature of many Windows applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, IE, etc): holding the cntrl key down while scrolling the mouse wheel changes font size.

trying to resize the colums ended up looking like i was trying to rearrange them, and i couldn't resize them at all; everything endup up squished up to the left and unreadable
Yikes. I see that, too. It's a drag-and-drop problem. I'll fix it. But now your columns are hosed unless you (1) delete localstore.rdf, (2) create a new FF profile, or (3) manually edit localstore.rdf. If you delete localstore.rdf, you'll lose sizes and preferences for a lot of stuff--not just PasswordMaker. Let me know if you want to pursue option #3. Sorry for the inconvience.

-Eric

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 04:19:41 AM »
Let me know if you want to pursue option #3. Sorry for the inconvience.
I just fixed this. If you are willing to wait for the next beta, you'll be able to drag-and-drop the columns how you like then...no need to do anything else.

Offline morguns

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2006, 04:43:43 AM »
I just fixed this. If you are willing to wait for the next beta, you'll be able to drag-and-drop the columns how you like then...no need to do anything else.
no worries :) if worse comes to worst i can always reinstall windows again. jk! thx for the heads-up.

Thanks, now I can reproduce the bug and am working on it.
uh, cool. glad i was able to out. i was afraid nobody would understand my gibberish.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2006, 04:43:43 AM »