Author Topic: Forum setting request . .  (Read 6683 times)

LkonKbd

Forum setting request . .
« on: February 10, 2006, 10:26:10 PM »
Which ever one is working on the forum settings.  Could the LINE for identifying the one that is doing an edit of a message, WE negelected to include some info, be placed in the "ControlPanel" so we can have it always checked or not?

I, for one and I am also confident not the only one, forget to check that box, some times.

TIA and thank you for reading this,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 11:18:07 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, the only one that can modify (edit) an existing post is the one who posted it - or an administrator.

So, other than an administrator, no one else can edit your posts...

Otherwise, I'm not sure I understand your request...

LkonKbd

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 12:32:25 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, the only one that can modify (edit) an existing post is the one who posted it - or an administrator.

So, other than an administrator, no one else can edit your posts...

Otherwise, I'm not sure I understand your request...
"Tanstaafl,"

You are very correct, when I created that mess it was perfectly clear, now it is not so clear.

When we do an edit on a message we have created and ready to POST it, not 3M, there is a line with a check box loosely quoted, "Edited by (username)".  I would like that always checked.  I usually neglect to mark that line.  I was requesting that be placed in "ControlPanel" so we can either have it checked always or not.  Some people may not want to use that line.  I do.

Thank you for making a GREAT attempt at answering my confusing request,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 12:55:36 AM »
Ahh... now I see.

Seems reasonable to me, but I didn't see an option like that... sorry...

LkonKbd

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 01:04:37 AM »
Ahh... now I see.

Seems reasonable to me, but I didn't see an option like that... sorry...
 "Tanstaafl,"

You are very correct, that is why I attempted to make the request for it to be added to the Users ControlPanel.

Thank you,

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 02:29:32 AM »
Guys,

I am sorry but the forum software is not changeable. It is free and hosted by InvisionFree. The way it works is the way it works, sorry... unless InvisionFree is willing to change it.

-Eric

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 09:22:25 PM »

"SirEric,"

Number (#) 1 (one), you are not "sorry", you are a very good person and very helpful to us all.  

Was not aware the software was etched in stone, I know you did not write this software but thought it could be added as an option.  Not a problem, just have to use the ole` brain that is not working as it should.  

Thank you anyway,

Now it is not allowing me to login with the password I had just created yesterday of only 12 characters.  So this is having to be done as 'Guest' but it is really me, as you can tell from this screwed up message.

TIA, CU L8R,

'd' AKA NativeTexan also LkonKbd

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 09:26:30 PM »
"SirEric,"

Forgot to metion when the login gives the error message I usually go back to the first login screen.  When filling in the blanks again the radio button "Log me in" will not work, that is the second time that same screen is used.

TIA, CU L8R,

LkonKbd, AKA NativeTexan also 'd'

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 09:26:30 PM »