Author Topic: Feature Request List for Internet Explorer Edition  (Read 65575 times)

LkonKbd

Re: Feature Request List for Internet Explorer Edition
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 12:46:50 AM »
I am back again, just to see if we can get IE version up and running again.  Have you looked into the Win7 that is due out this year, maybe early spring or summer.

I have several or many friends that use IE and would like to use PWM, I am not a programmer so cannot HELP with that end, but am very good at doing unexpected thingys to the software that will not work and I can test out those features for you if you like.  HA! HA!

As you well know I like to test out my ideas before notifying you of the NOT WORKing feature I have found.

Thank you for reading my Poster toastie,

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 03:26:16 AM »
Last I heard, Win7 is coming out late 2009 or early 2010. That may have been a result of feeback from the beta testing.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »
Everything I've read says late 2009, just in time for Christmas... definitely NOT spring or summer though...

And there are way too many Features for the Firefox version I'd rather see get implemented that have Eric waste time on an IE version...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 06:14:46 AM »
yeah

LkonKbd

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 08:38:02 PM »
I am not asking for Eric to give up on any enhancements for FF version.  Just would like to get a working version for IE up to the latest version, mine is IE version8.0.6001.18783.  Plus my Vista is now SP2 and my sig is up to date.

How have thingys been going?  Well I hope.

Thank you for reading my poster roastie toasty,

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 09:13:27 PM »
Hi LkOnKbd,

I think the IE version was pretty final. I mean, no one's been working on it, and it was never fully completed anyway.

I have been well. How about you?

Eric

LkonKbd

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2009, 02:47:40 AM »
Bummer, very disappointed that it is not going to be redone.  Was really hoping it would.

We are all doing just fine here, thank you for asking.  Well as fine as we possibly can, my system has given me some problems but that is more or mostly my fault, I guess.  I like to install software and test it out, not just any but some of the Add-Ons for FF or extensions and SysInternal Suite, SaferNetWorking different software like RegAlyzer, FileAlyzer, RunAlyzer, NetAlyzer, et ceteras and some other that are fairly safe.

Thank you for this reply Sir Eric, from the extensions on the website for downloads for FF I think you need to stop replying to my messages and get to work.  I do thank you very muchly for that message, except for PasswordMaker not going to be usable on IE,

Offline tanstaafl

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2009, 11:00:10 AM »
Bummer, very disappointed that it is not going to be redone.  Was really hoping it would.

Why? I much prefer to be as safe as possible when browing... which means, don't use IE. :)

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 01:20:03 PM »
Something is in the pipeline though, so if you're forced to use IE, you can still use PasswordMaker.

Hope to have the first public release in August (with my current free time to work on it, that's the target month)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

LkonKbd

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 08:13:47 PM »
Gentlemen,

There are some places like Microsoft that demand you use IE to access some of their important places.  They will not accept FF nor any other from what I understand.  I agree, FF is safer and PasswordMaker is the SAFEST.  Plus I have several friends that use IE only, cannot get them to change over, so for me the problem is very small, for another it gets to be rather large.

Not wanting this to take place in the next two days, I know you are very busy with other projects and if at some time you do manage to get one that works with Windows xx.xx.xxxx. SPx would be a very large corner of the market for keeping more of us safe and our passwords generated on the fly instead of trying to store them under just one encryption instead of several, my last count shown there were at least eleven (11) different entries that effect the password created by PWM.

Yes, I know that the Windows Seven (7) is coming out towards the end of this year and that will need to be attended to as well.

Thank you for these contacts and reading my request and giving your opinions which I respect and like,

Offline tanstaafl

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 11:33:54 AM »
You can still use FFox/PWM to manage your passwords, it just won't auto-populate anything for you, you have to manually copy/paste... not idea, no, but it works.

LkonKbd

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2009, 01:28:02 PM »
tanstaafl,

Thank you for that, have been doing it and it is a pain in the arrsey.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 08:55:47 PM »
Read miquel's post carefeully! He is releasing PasswordMaker Click! Edition shortly. This works with IE and Firefox and (I think) any other browser you can find, like Opera, Seamonkey, Safari, Kameleon, etc.

Hey LkOnKbd: when you are testing new software (Firefox extensions or other stuff), do you use a Windows virtual machine? You should. Or at least Sandboxie. A VM and Sandboxie will limit the risk you take by installing software... if the VM or Sandboxie gets infected, you just start over.

Offline tanstaafl

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:05 PM »
Read miquel's post carefeully! He is releasing PasswordMaker Click! Edition shortly. This works with IE and Firefox and (I think) any other browser you can find, like Opera, Seamonkey, Safari, Kameleon, etc.

Hmmm... never really looked at it... does it use the same RDF file? Does it have all of the same functionality?

I may have time to take a peek this weekend...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »

Hmmm... never really looked at it... does it use the same RDF file? Does it have all of the same functionality?

I may have time to take a peek this weekend...

I don't think he's packaged it up yet for download, so you'd have to pull it out of Subversion if you want to try it. I don't know if it's using the same RDF file.. miquel?

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »