Other Editions > Other Editions - Feature Requests / Enhancements

Feature Request List for Command-Line Edition

<< < (3/3)

tanstaafl:

--- Quote from: miquelfire on September 23, 2007, 02:23:02 AM ---Maybe I should think about a way to use it by itself one day and make a fork (for a version 2.0 release really) in which it's designed to be used by itself, and with the Firefox extension's RDF (and Desktop Edition's xml) format. What do you guys think? If we go through with it, think about a user using on a SSH (or telnet, or something like it) session.
--- End quote ---

Actually, I think this is a great idea... I had talked to Eric a long time ago about coding a custom GINA.dll for a Windows Domain that would work with the command-line version, so that a users Logon password would be treated as the 'master password', so that the actual password stored in the Domain Controller (whether it was Samba or a real Windows Domain Controller) would be a PasswordMaker password.

Did I use the word password enough times?

Miquel 'Fire' Burns:
I knew nothing of a GINA.dll file. Actually, the Windows API scares me. Though to be honest, I think that is beyond the scope of the command-line edition anyway. If anything, just taking the shared C++ code would be enough for something like that.

Eric H. Jung:

--- Quote from: miquelfire on September 23, 2007, 02:23:02 AM ---Building the configuration file is as easy as exporting from the Firefox Extension. :P

The command-line edition in it's current state was always meant to be a companion version to the Firefox Edition. Maybe I should think about a way to use it by itself one day and make a fork (for a version 2.0 release really) in which it's designed to be used by itself, and with the Firefox extension's RDF (and Desktop Edition's xml) format. What do you guys think? If we go through with it, think about a user using on a SSH (or telnet, or something like it) session.

--- End quote ---

Can't you already use the command-line edition without a settings file? If so, isn't it already independent of the FF edition?

Miquel 'Fire' Burns:
Yea, but some features (Well, one, accounts) need the settings file anyway.

Eric H. Jung:
Ok, yeah I understand. You can't configure it with settings unless you have an RDF file.  :o :o :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version