Author Topic: Install fails  (Read 6976 times)

Offline zipwilly53

• Normal Members
Install fails
« on: July 03, 2005, 01:51:10 PM »
This sounds like a great tool!

I tried to installit and failed. Perhaps someone could help. I click on the download link, the hourglass appears for a while and then nothing.

I am using Firefox 1.0.4. The picture beside the download link is a puzzle (I think that indicates a problem.)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Install fails
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 02:36:48 PM »
Hi ZipWilly,

The "puzzle" picture is OK. It's a standard symbol Firefox uses to denote a plug-in, extension, etc.

I click on the download link, the hourglass appears for a while and then nothing

That's strange. I've never heard of that problem with an extension. When you try to install PasswordMaker, do you get a bar near the top looks like this?

If not, what happens when you restart Firefox? Is there a PasswordMaker menu item in the Tools menu?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 02:38:59 PM by grimholtz »

Offline zipwilly53

• Normal Members
Install fails
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 02:14:34 AM »
My attempt to install results in no change to the toolbar or the Tools menu.

I'm a new user of Firefox (one month) after having used IE for a long time.

Perhaps there is something wrong with my installation of Firefox. I'll try to install another type of plugin and see if I have problems with something else which would indicate that the problem is on my side.

My son brought my attention to your tool. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Install fails
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 03:38:23 AM »
Hi ZipWilly,

This is a common misunderstanding for new Firefox users. You need to allow Firefox to install extensions from passwordmaker.org. By default, Firefox doesn't allow any extensions to be installed--this is a security measure. You must explicitly permit extensions to be installed from a given URL.

So when you click on the link to install PasswordMaker, there should be an image below the toolbar which looks like this:

To the right of the image is a button, Edit Options. Click this button and allow extensions to be installed from passwordmaker.org. Click the download/install link again, and this time it should work.

Let me know how it goes,
Eric

Offline Tyrantmizar

Install fails
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 11:02:35 PM »
zipwilly53,

You could also try to install it from here.  You shouldn't need to give any permissions, as that site is allowed by default.  However, the betas are not set up on that site.
Tyrantmizar
- <a href="http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/">Check out my blog</a> (shameless plug :P)
- Lord of the Feature Requests / Enhancements Forum - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Lord of the other one, the [url=http://forums.passwordmaker.o

PasswordMaker Forums

Install fails
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 11:02:35 PM »