Author Topic: Toolbar Button  (Read 5986 times)

Offline rbrt_ryn

• Normal Members
Toolbar Button
« on: January 30, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »
I would like a toolbar button for copying the current password to the clipboard. The button should work like the one on the options dialog, except that if no master password has been entered it would ask for one.

Why?

Well for one thing it would make pages opened in IETab a lot easier to deal with. Right now I have to navigate down to my custom account before I can copy the password. Having a button would save a lot of messin' around.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Toolbar Button
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 09:03:42 PM »
How about if Eric simply adds a secondary option to the 'Action to take when Coolkey is Activated'...

So, there would be a checkbox that would copy the password to the clipboard in addition to whatever else was specified (even if 'Do Nothing' was specified)..

Eric - would that be easier than another button?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 09:03:51 PM by tanstaafl »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Toolbar Button
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 01:28:55 AM »
would that be easier than another button?
That's a little easier, but I don't mind making another toolbar button. Which do the two of you prefer? The question to answer is, "Would I ever want to copy the password to the clipboard for the current website without taking the CoolKey action?" My answer would be no--i.e., I'd go with tanstaafl's idea--but that's just because of the way *I* use PasswordMaker. Others may use it differently...

Thoughts?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Toolbar Button
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 02:09:07 AM »
IE Tab makes Firefox use IE to render pages. Seems to be broken on my computer though.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline rbrtryn

• Normal Members
Toolbar Button
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 04:19:34 AM »
How about if Eric simply adds a secondary option to the 'Action to take when Coolkey is Activated'...

I think that tanstaafl has the best idea here. No need to waste toolbar real-estate if the option can be added to CoolKey.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Toolbar Button
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 01:40:55 PM »
Sounds good. Tanstaafl, can you add to the FRL?

PasswordMaker Forums

Toolbar Button
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 01:40:55 PM »