Author Topic: another oddity with "hide master password field"  (Read 5515 times)

Offline ajw

another oddity with "hide master password field"
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:30:11 AM »
I clicked on "hide master password field (number of asterisks)" and it properly hid the master password field.

I then unclicked it and it asked for my master password.   (that's when I discovered I'd forgotten the master password! - and see my tip in the tips section... :)

No biggie - I can live without the master being displayed (I have it saved on disk and in memory - so I'm safe until I need to rebuild this computer or move to another...  :)

Closed PasswordMaker.

hit CTL~ to open it again - and it shows up with the master password unhidden.  (and the "hide master password field (number of asterisks)" checkbox unchecked)

This could be because I've saved the master password on disk/memory - but if that's true, why should it ask me for it when I uncheck the checkbox?

Not a big deal; just was unexpected...   Not even sure I'd bother fixing it - spend the time adding new features instead!  :)

- Al -
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:35:12 AM by ajw »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 03:26:21 AM »
Hi Al, haven't seen you around here in a while. Hope you are well. Can you tell me which version of PasswordMaker you are using? I'm pretty sure this was fixed in 1.4.4 beta1.

Offline ajw

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 10:27:47 AM »
Hi Al, haven't seen you around here in a while. Hope you are well. Can you tell me which version of PasswordMaker you are using? I'm pretty sure this was fixed in 1.4.4 beta1.

Hi Eric!

Hi Al, haven't seen you around here in a while. Hope you are well.
Doing pretty well - was in the hospital for a while for high-dose chemotherapy; went fine but dragged me back into fatigue city.  Couldn't concentrate on much either - I had the illusion (beforehand) that I'd have all this time so I could learn some new stuff - ended up about all I could do was sleep, watch tv, and sleep...  :)
Energy's coming back slowly - spent the past few hours reading about RDF and XML.

Can you tell me which version of PasswordMaker you are using? I'm pretty sure this was fixed in 1.4.4 beta1.
Uh, er, um...   When I posted the message, I was using 1.4.3, but in the meantime I've installed 1.4.4 beta 1 - and you're right; it's fixed.

(queue voice of Emily Litella...)
"Oh, I'm sorry.  Never mind"   :)

- Al -

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 04:55:04 PM »
Glad to hear it :)

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 04:55:04 PM »