Author Topic: couple ideas  (Read 4650 times)

nervous bankuser

couple ideas
« on: February 19, 2006, 12:06:58 PM »
I suggest you allow a toggled option to have the 'When URL contains' field hidden (or asterisked) after a username is entered, otherwise any bypasser/screenshot trojan could obtain it.  

Many financial websites unfortunately also leave the username revealed.  I don't suppose it is possible for PasswordMaker to somehow copy the username in hidden fashion into the username field on such a website?

Incidentally, in order to produce a memorizable but random username I enter a memorized word as username, then copy the resulting password back into the PasswordMaker username slot.  Some day you might want to automate that  feature.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
couple ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 03:18:31 PM »
I suggest you allow a toggled option to have the 'When URL contains' field hidden (or asterisked) after a username is entered, otherwise any bypasser/screenshot trojan could obtain it.
I'm guessing you meant the 'Using URL' field? The 'When URL Contains' field is only visible when you open Passwordmaker, not on the Master Password Prompt window.

But yes, if someone walked by when you were creating or editing an account, they could see this - but you also need to be able to see them when editing them to make sure they are right, no?

Many financial websites unfortunately also leave the username revealed. I don't suppose it is possible for PasswordMaker to somehow copy the username in hidden fashion into the username field on such a website?

Sounds like a Feature Request to me... ;) Care to go over to the Feature Request Forum and make it official?

Incidentally, in order to produce a memorizable but random username I enter a memorized word as username, then copy the resulting password back into the PasswordMaker username slot. Some day you might want to automate that feature.
Sounds like another one - and a good one at that! If you haven't added this as a FR in the next day or two, I may be tempted to do so myself...

Thanks for participating.

Charles

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
couple ideas
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 11:55:27 PM »
Split from original post in the Tips and Tricks forum and moved to Feature Request forum.

Offline NativeTexan

couple ideas
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 09:17:01 PM »
Thought I had 'TWO noids' alike, but; this one has some GREAT ideas and suggestions.
CU L8R,

NativeTexan AKA 'd' also LkonKbd

AMD K6-II 500Mg, 184MG RAM, Win98SEv4.10.2222A, Mozilla FireFox v1.5.0.1/w Extensions PassWordMaker v1.5ßTHREE, SpoofStick v1.06

PasswordMaker Forums

couple ideas
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 09:17:01 PM »