Author Topic: Create new account, URL-fields pre-filled ?  (Read 5112 times)

Dirk

Create new account, URL-fields pre-filled ?
« on: January 03, 2006, 12:18:15 PM »
Hello,

I have just started using PasswordMaker, so I hope that my question was not discussed before....
When starting PM, the actual URL is shown in the field "Using URL". Now I want to create a new account in a new group. So I create the group and then choose "New account". The two fields "When URL contains" and "Use This URL" are empty. For me it would be helpfull if these fields could be filled with the value from the "Using URL" field by default. Because I have to use many different usernames on several websites, I have to create many accounts but always with the standard URL.
I hope I was able to explain my suggestion and that my english is understandable.

Regards,
Dirk

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 03:09:03 PM »
This has already been requested in the Feature Request List. You may want to go vote for it - and any other requests that float your boat (there are a lot of good ones there).

Charles

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 03:10:59 PM »
Hi Dirk,

Sure, I can implement that. It's a good idea. I'm going to move this topic out of the Help And Support forum and into the Feature Requests/Enhancements forum.

Tyrantmizer, can you add this to the feature request list? "When creating a new account, the When URL contains and Use This URL fields should be prepopulated with the current URL"

Thank you,
Eric

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 03:14:12 PM »
Charles, looks like we cross-posted. It's already in the list? I didn't notice it. Sorry, Tyrantmizer.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 08:36:09 PM »
Actually, the one that is already there is very similar, but not identical, now that I look closer...

The request is for a 'Create Account from current URL...'

If I didn't know that there is someone here who uses PWM for storing info, I'd say this would be a better way of implementing it.

Maybe the best of both worlds would be another option:
'Use current URL for New Accounts'

and when this option is *not* selected, have a second right-click menu choice:
'New Account from URL'.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 08:36:09 PM »