Author Topic: Extension Conflict?  (Read 5994 times)

Venom

Extension Conflict?
« on: June 25, 2005, 12:41:58 PM »
I've just recently dicovered your product - and I absolutely adore it... so naturally when I learnt we could get a beta, I juumped at the chance.

So, I went and instlled the latest beta (v0.61 beta 2, I think...) everthing seemed fine then, poof, half of my extentions died - just like that!

In particular, I lost All-in-one Gestures (which was darn annoying), ShowIP (which wasn't quite so bad) and Minimizetotray (also really annoying.)  I may have also lost other, less loved extensions, but I haven't really tested it all fully.

Distressed, I uninstalled the beta, and they came back to life.  Then I re-installed v0.60 and it was still all OK.

Now, I'm no techie, but I think there might be a conflict with these or other extensions.

Heres a full list of the extensions I have installed:

Adblock - v.5 d2 * nightly 39
Disable Targets For Downloads - v0.9
Forecastfox - v0.7.9.2
Tabbrowser Preferences - v1.2.7.1
PDF Download - v0.4.1.3
All-in-One Gestures - v0.15.2
Bandwidth Tester - v0.54
Minimize to Tray - v0.0.1.2005061123+
Customize Google - v0.19.5
SecurePassword Generator - v0.5.2 (redundant now I've found your extension! :D)
ShowIP - v0.7.8
Add N Edit Cookies - v0.2.0.4
PasswordMaker - v0.6/v0.61 beta2

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Extension Conflict?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 04:19:04 PM »
Hi Venom,
Thanks for writing and thanks for the compliments.
You're the first to report such a problem. The only thing I can think that might cause this is if you had 0.6.0 installed and then you installed the beta on top of it? I wrote in the beta instructions to make sure you uninstall 0.6.0 or create a new FF profile...

Please let me know,
Eric

Extension Conflict?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 02:58:19 AM »
Hmm... I definately uninstalled it.  BUT there IS a chance that when I closed firefox to complete the uninstall, another window was still actually running the taskbar (due to using minimize to tray and forgetting that I'd used it.)

Anyway, I tried to test it again by uninstalling v0.6, restarting, then installing v0.61 beta2, but I came up with a 404 on pressing the link, so I'll have to try again later...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Extension Conflict?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 11:41:51 PM »
but I came up with a 404 on pressing the link
Wow, that was my fault. Sorry! Thanks for pointing it out, otherwise I never would have known.

Let me know if you still get the problem--I'm concerned.
-Eric

Venom (guest)

Extension Conflict?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 07:47:54 AM »
Well, you can breathe a sigh of relief, my friend - your program (as with nearly all programs) was only mucking up due to some sort of error at my end. (Sadly, it was almost definately HUMAN error...)

Another problems has arisen, though (although it's probably at my end as well, but anyway, I like to ramble.)  I can't seem to install PasswordMaker (or the betas) directly from your site.  I'm used to any extension site that Firefox doesn't know spawning one of those little drop-downy things up the top - but the links here just promp to download!

I managed to install the beta by downloading it then opening it manually, but I'm not sue what prevented it rom working normally in the first place...

Just one of life's little annoyances, I guess...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Extension Conflict?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 11:53:15 AM »
Hi Venom,

Well, you can breathe a sigh of relief, my friend - your program (as with nearly all programs) was only mucking up due to some sort of error at my end. (Sadly, it was almost definately HUMAN error...)

That's good to know :)

I managed to install the beta by downloading it then opening it manually
Fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out.

-Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

Extension Conflict?
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 11:53:15 AM »