Author Topic: PWMv1.3.3 . . .  (Read 6417 times)

LkonKbd on different CPU

PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:52:01 PM »
Eric-son,

Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas,

Yep, HE is back.  Have attempted to download v1.3.3 from your site and found there is a problem and was sent to addons.mozilla.org and that one downloaded, but; disappeared after downloading.  Do I have to remove the previous version?  I am using my Wife's CPU & it has v1.3 on it.  Or am I holding my mouth wong?

CU L8R,

LkonKbd aka 'd' etcteras

PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 09:54:07 PM »
Excuse me, forgot to mention I have just updated FF to v1.5.

ME again as well over,
LkonKbd aka 'd'

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 09:59:56 PM »
Hi 'tough guy',

No, you don't have to remove previous PasswordMaker versions. Is PasswordMaker listed in the Tools->Extensions dialog? If not, then for some reason it did NOT install. If it is there, try uninstalling it, close all firefoxes, and reinstall...

PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 10:12:30 PM »
Eric-son,

This is very strange, the old version was still there but the latest one just disappeared.  Could not download it again so I closed FF and there is the v1.3.3/w the message PWM will be updated after FF is restarted.  Well I did do that 4 times without any install of PWM.  It is still telling me "PassWordMaker will be UpGraded when FireFox is restarted."  Actually it was done 3 times with the dialer up so I closed the dialer and did the restart again and it is still not there.

CU L8R,
LkonKbd aka 'Tuff Goy'

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 10:18:05 PM »
Make sure FFox is clsoing completely - I've seen it happen that a process keeps running even though all windows are closed.

If that doesn't work, then uninstall/reinstall should take care of it.

If it doesn't, then I'd suspect a buggered Profile - did you use an older pfofile after upgrading to 1.5? Or is it a new/clean profile? If an older one, then that may be the problem.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 10:23:53 PM »
Yes, tanstaafl has a point. After you close all Firefox windows, open Task Manager->Processes Tab and make sure there are no processes named "firefox.exe". Sometimes -- rarely -- firefox.exe remains open even if you close all Firefox windows.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 10:24:03 PM by Eric H. Jung »

PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 10:34:31 PM »
Thank you each & every one, I went the full route.  I did notice that when FF was closed and reopened it cycled very rapidly.  So I went the Full Ball of Waxy, did a COLD BOOT.  I now have PWM installed, just have not moved my passwords to this system and we are both on the same dialup but in different ends of the house nor networked.  Only one system on the web at a time.  That is my next project, NETWORK.

No, "tanstaafl" the profile is the old one from v1.0.7.  That should not have been a problem because this system has not been used that much.  Just when I have done updates of the software.

CU L8R,
LkonKbd aka 'd', Thoughy Gy, tuff Guy, Tough Guy, etceteras

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 10:38:08 PM »
I now have PWM installed, just have not moved my passwords to this system and we are both on the same dialup but in different ends of the house nor networked. Only one system on the web at a time. That is my next project, NETWORK.
There's always SNEAKERNET.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 10:38:22 PM by Eric H. Jung »

LkonKbd

PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 07:55:30 PM »
"Eric-son,"

Thank you for this will check it out the first chance I have.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 08:31:15 PM »
There's nothing to "check out." SneakerNet is just slang for running around between computers with diskettes! Use them sneakers!

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 08:33:47 PM »
I use that to download big files from work, and transfer them home :)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

PasswordMaker Forums

PWMv1.3.3 . . .
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 08:33:47 PM »