Author Topic: PasswordMaker for PHP version 2.0.1  (Read 5836 times)

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
PasswordMaker for PHP version 2.0.1
« on: December 18, 2005, 01:37:04 AM »
Hi,

The first publicly available PasswordMaker for PHP is available here. It runs from both the command-line and from any web server which supports PHP.

Many thanks for Pedro Gimeno Fortea and Miquel Burns!

Regards,
Eric
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 01:37:24 AM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 02:14:09 AM »
First publicly available version is 2.0.1? How odd!

[edit] And there's a BUG! You forgot to escape " in the usage function. Get an editor that does syntax highlighting for PHP, like SciTE.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 02:22:34 AM by miquelfire »
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline pgimeno

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 10:48:45 AM »
Miquel,

Version 1.0 was a very simple one I wrote using my own backend (here) which didn't support leet modes and which I think you reviewed. The command-line front end used positional parameters just like the sh version which was pretty ugly.

Version 2.0 was a complete rewrite using your backend with a preliminary help text which can be seen here. It lacked documentation about user=.../mod=... parameters, among other things.

Version 2.0.1 is the one with these details fixed. Perhaps my versioning scheme is too different from the currently accepted standards. I apologize for the inconveniences. You can suggest a better one if you like it more, I'm open to suggestions.

Eric changed the character set prior to publication and I forgot to warn him about proper escaping of double-quoted strings if he changed the help text. My fault, sorry.

-- Pedro Gimeno

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 05:49:10 PM »
I've changed the versioning scheme on the website to address Miquel's concerns. I hope you don't mind, Pedro. Please let me know if I've escaped the string correctly now.

Thanks,
Eric

Offline pgimeno

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 07:23:18 PM »
Within double quotes, single quotes should not be escaped (otherwise the backslash appears also in the resulting string); similarly, within single quotes, double quotes should not be escaped for the same reason.

So please remove the \ before ' within the help text and the \ before " in the definition of args['charset'].

Also, Miquel's code is designed to be included from another PHP file, so please remove the <?xml...?> header from it and start the file with "<?php". You can write a comment inside the PHP part using regular /* ... */:

<?php
/*
Comment
*/
(rest of the code)

Please also comment out two lines starting with 'echo' in Miquel's code which he apparently forgot to remove.

With these changes everything works as expected.

-- Pedro Gimeno

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »
Ah, I see. So the 1.0 stuff was hidden in the pages. :P
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 04:21:00 AM »