Author Topic: Store Password in Memory doesn't work  (Read 18925 times)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Store Password in Memory doesn't work
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 12:07:36 PM »
So you get prompted even if the MPW is already stored in memory?
Yep... weird. It seems to be working fine everywhere else, just not on that one internal site that doesn't have a username field. I just tried three times in a row, and logged in / out of my gmail account in between. GMail pops the username/pwd in immediately, the other site prompts for the MPW every time - with 'Store pwd in memory' selected.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 12:11:57 PM by tanstaafl »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 07:20:33 PM »
tanstaafl, try this page. Does it happen there? If not, is it possible you could email the HTML of the page with which you're having a problem? I realize it's an internal site so if there are privacy concerns, I understand.

Your session has 'expired' and the forums thought you just logged back in for some reason (if you're behind a proxy, it might be changing the IP on you between page request, which IPB seems as a possible attempt to HiJack a session, so it invalidates it and starts a new one)
I am not behind a proxy. My IP address rarely changes. So do you know of a way to fix it?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 07:29:23 PM »
tanstaafl, try this page. Does it happen there? If not, is it possible you could email the HTML of the page with which you're having a problem? I realize it's an internal site so if there are privacy concerns, I understand.
Yes, it happened here too...

Does it work correctly for you?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 07:45:53 PM »
Yes, using FF 1.5 and PasswordMaker 1.4.4 beta1. MPW stored in memory. No custom accounts... I just checked auto-populate for the defaults and typed in any username. Is this what you are doing?

Online Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 03:23:53 AM »
You make sure you can see the front page of the forums and only see blue arrows (and make sure you load a page every 5 minutes or so before that happens)? If not, that's how you miss post with the new post indicator.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 11:11:47 AM »
Yes, using FF 1.5 and PasswordMaker 1.4.4 beta1. MPW stored in memory. No custom accounts... I just checked auto-populate for the defaults and typed in any username. Is this what you are doing?
Ok, tried from my home computer, same thing...

I did notice one thing though, that I'm maybe doing differently...

If I simply hit Alt-` again, the password gets populated immediately...

But if I close the page (I still have FireFox running, with the Forums loaded), then click the link you provided again, it again prompts me for the MPW, but it does still say 'In Memory'.

Were you closing the page?

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 11:11:47 AM »