Author Topic: Settings not saved?  (Read 9608 times)

EZ

Settings not saved?
« on: May 19, 2005, 08:22:47 PM »
Hi,

First of all thanks for a great extension.

I ran into a problem which may be due to me missing something, but I RTFM and didn't find a solution:

I open the dialog and click on Advanced. I then change some of the default settings to my liking and type a master password. Then when I access a web page with a password field it is automatically filled. So far so good.

However, when I exit Firefox and restart, all the settings are reset to their default values. So if I just type the master password, the generated passwords do not match those of the previous sessions (which were based on different settings).

I think PasswordMaker should save the settings and load them automatically when it loads.

I understand that the next major version is aimed at a complete solution with per-site settings and support for username as well. This is really great.

I also suggest to add an optional field name + value. Some web sites require an extra piece of information for login. For example, my on-line bank requires username, password and account number.

As others mention, there are also sites (my bank again...) that force a password change from time to time, so it would be nice to have a "keyring" of passwords for a single site, so all I have to do is choose which of the passwords to use.

Thanks,

EZ.

AcidReflux

Settings not saved?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 08:48:48 PM »
It normally does save the settings.  So there must be some bug..perhaps with installing on a fresh install this bug shows up.  I've been using this for awhile so I've gone through several upgrades and it still maintains my settings.

EZ

Settings not saved?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 12:53:26 AM »
Installed 0.5.1 and now it's fine.
Great extension.

EZ

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Settings not saved?
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 04:49:04 AM »
EZ,
For example, my on-line bank requires username, password and account number.

Are you suggesting that the account number be used as part of the password generation process or, as I suspect, that PasswordMaker be able to populate non-password fields?

-Eric H. Jung

EZ

Settings not saved?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 11:25:57 PM »
Eric,

Are you suggesting that the account number be used as part of the password generation process or, as I suspect, that PasswordMaker be able to populate non-password fields?
The latter, as you have correctly figured out.

I suggest to let the user define pairs of name/value for each site, so when the user visits the page PasswordMaker will search for field names that match the list and populate them with the corresponding values.

EZ

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Settings not saved?
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 02:41:04 AM »
added to the feature request list...

PasswordMaker Forums

Settings not saved?
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 02:41:04 AM »