Author Topic: keyloggers  (Read 24175 times)

pwxyzg

keyloggers
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 04:50:05 PM »
tripped and stumbled across this..
http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/

figured some others may see it as an interesting method to avoid keylogging.. quite intuitive, just a little difficult at first, as they themselves admit.  give it a go!

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
keyloggers
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 02:06:44 AM »
Wow, I'm going to try that program out now!
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
keyloggers
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2006, 05:20:44 AM »
Yeah, the demo animated gifs look cool. Gotta try that.

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
keyloggers
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 03:43:14 PM »
Fun little program, but not really a good idea to use it for inputting any passwords as it does log what you 'type' in for it's own learning purposes. That, and it seems you need to copy and paste stuff anyway.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline pkcalgary

• Normal Members
keyloggers
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 10:09:22 AM »
Looks like nobody's working on this idea. I don't think that cut + paste would work because it goes via clipboard and that can be easily monitored by a keylogger. At least that's what some of these keylogging software companies claim. But a virtual keyboard in a PasswordMaker window might work. Even better, I think mouseclicks might be avoided when just "hovering" over a key image might trigger event, at least I've seen it mentioned someplace.

Not being a windows programmer, I'm not sure how much work it would take and if there may be some other gotchas. In my mind this step is almost indispensable to sign onto a bank account other than on my own machine and particularly at a public place.

By the way, I think there should be an online setting for the length of the generated password if at all possible, different places have different limitations, maybe even based on account?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
keyloggers
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 12:00:44 AM »
Hi,

We've decided in other threads on this forum that data entry and keylogging prevention is out of the scope of PasswordMaker, especially since there are many other software products that already achieve this.

Offline TMXOD

• Normal Members
keyloggers
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 02:00:12 PM »
The only true way to have security when inputting the master password would be with a hardware biometric identification device that goes from your body straight to a pseudo-keyboard kernel-mode driver, and that will protect you from the script kiddie next door, but if someone really wants your master password, they can get it... Criminals can put a gun to your head, any government agency can get it in the US, if they think you are a threat to national security, clipboard contents can be intercepted, On Screen Keyboards can be easily hacked (read button text on click). But there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not a train heading your way: because Linux is not being adopted at the rate it deserves by the general public, the development of malware for it is more or less at the level it was 5 years ago, with most security exploits going towards things a home user would never come in contact with, such as sendmail, httpd, etc.

Edit: I just wrote this and didn't see Eric's comment above mine... and he's absolutely right... Wonderful program, BTW...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 02:02:44 PM by TMXOD »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
keyloggers
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 02:33:49 PM »
Wonderful program, BTW
Thank you!

PasswordMaker Forums

keyloggers
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 02:33:49 PM »