Author Topic: Don't autofill blank usernames  (Read 4363 times)

Keith Irwin

Don't autofill blank usernames
« on: November 15, 2005, 06:56:52 PM »
The default right now is to use a blank username if none has been specified in a profile.  That's okay with me since automatically figuring out the username is certain to be difficult.  However, right now, if you tell it to autofill in a password, it also blanks the username.  With the existing autofill feature, this means that what happens is:

1) It loads up with a username and password which I had saved from before I started using PasswordMaker.
2) I use the PasswordMaker CoolKey to fill in the password.
3) This blanks the user name.
4) I go fill  the username back in.
5) The old autofill replaces the password I just put in with the old one.
And I'm back where I started.

Now, what I can do to work around this is to open it up manually and cut and paste the password in, but obviously I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.  Obviously, I could also do some per-account configuration, but I'm using this product both at home and in the office and want to be able to use it in other places as needed as well, so I'd rather just not touch the per-account settings at all if I can avoid it.

Right now the other problem is that if I fill in a user id first (which is sensible since it's at the top) and then autofill a password it erases what I just typed.

So I would propose at minimum making it so that if the PasswordMaker username is blank, it does not autofill the username on the web page.
Perhaps it would even be wise to never autofill a username unless the username is not filled in on the form, but I'm not certain if there would be problems with that.

Keith Irwin

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 07:05:36 PM »
Goto View->Advanced Options, then the Global Settings tag and the action the CoolKey takes to Populate empty fields only.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 12:27:38 AM »
Keith, if miquelfire's suggestion is sufficient for your needs, please let us know.

-Eric

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 12:27:38 AM »