Author Topic: Manually edit the url  (Read 5415 times)

Dave

Manually edit the url
« on: June 24, 2005, 08:23:36 AM »
The beta has lost the feature to enter the URL it's using to generate the password. I use this for MSN messenger to enter a string manually.

I have tried setting up an account for MSN but the password it generates does not match the one in the previous version. I select MD5 as the algorithm (no l33t) but it generates a password with characters like > and I in it..

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Manually edit the url
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 02:17:17 PM »
Hi Dave,

I have tried setting up an account for MSN but the password it generates does not match the one in the previous version. I select MD5 as the algorithm (no l33t) but it generates a password with characters like > and I in it..
This is because the characters used in generated passwords are different in this release--there are many more of them than before. You can change back to the old character set by clcking the Account Settings button->Characters button. You'll see this dialog:

Change the characters to 0123456789abcdef and the old password will be generated.

The beta has lost the feature to enter the URL it's using to generate the password. I use this for MSN messenger to enter a string manually.
Yes, the way to manually type a URL is to create an account. The defaults don't allow you to enter a URL as they are supposed to work for the current URL in the browser. Do you want the URL to be editable again or is it acceptable the way it is now?

Dave

Manually edit the url
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 08:23:50 AM »
I would prefer it with, but I guess it would make sense to go with the majority on this one... I find it handy as I use it for things like MSN Messenger and non-website apps..

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Manually edit the url
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 04:55:17 PM »
I find it handy as I use it for things like MSN Messenger and non-website apps..
No problem, I will make the URL editable in the next beta (coming out shortly).

PasswordMaker Forums

Manually edit the url
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 04:55:17 PM »