Author Topic: copy to clipboard button on account settings  (Read 4505 times)

Offline ajw

copy to clipboard button on account settings
« on: October 28, 2005, 06:30:03 PM »
I tend to use PasswordMaker differently than others - I'm using it more as a password *manager*...

As a result I usually open the applicable custom account - then I want to copy the password to the clipboard - but that button is on the main form and I have to close the account, or highlight the password on the account settings and copy it - both extra work.

Can we add a button to the account settings dialog to do the "copy password to clipboard", please.

(this is only really needed for times where the password field doesn't get automagically filled in - especially with popup password dialogs - as other feaures get added this'll be less necessary, but it's easy to do in the meantime...)

- Al -

LkonKbd

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 09:28:30 PM »
"Hey Al,""

If you haven't noticed the 'CalculatedPassword' is at the bottom of the 'CustomAccout' area and if you want it in the clipboard, just highlight it and 'Ctrl+C' then paste it where ever you so desire.  As long as it is within the time limit you have set for the 'AutoClearClipBoard'.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 02:49:55 AM »
Al,

Can you use Ctrl-c or highlight, context-menu-click, copy? The reason I ask is because this dialog is quite busy already... adding the button is easy but adds clutter, too.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 02:50:31 AM by Eric H. Jung »

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 02:49:55 AM »