Author Topic: Not working at all under Linux  (Read 7279 times)

lrobinot

Not working at all under Linux
« on: October 19, 2005, 08:01:55 AM »
I'm using PasswordMaker for a while at home for a certain amount of time under Windows... All is running well!

But today I wanted to use it at work, under Linux, with the following configuration :

Generated: Wed Oct 19 2005 09:28:24 GMT+0200 (CEST)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920 Firefox/1.0.7
Build ID: 2005092015

Enabled Extensions: (15)
- All-in-One Gestures 0.17.2
- ChatZilla 0.9.68.5
- CustomizeGoogle 0.30
- CuteMenus 0.4
- DictionarySearch 0.9.3
- Download Manager Tweak 0.6.6
- Google Pagerank Status 0.9.4
- Googlebar Lite 3.0.1
- Greasemonkey 0.5.3
- Html Validator 0.7.4
- JavaScript Debugger 0.9.85
- Live HTTP Headers 0.10
- MR Tech Local Install 3.1.0
- PasswordMaker 0.9
- Web Developer 0.9.4
Total Extensions: = 15

Installed Themes: (1)
- Firefox (default)

Installed Plugins: (3)
- Default Plugin: libnullplugin.so
- Java™ Plug-in Blackdown-1.4.1-01: javaplugin_oji.so
- Shockwave Flash: libflashplayer.so

But no password was generated and the Options window do not display anything, neither URL, neither password.

I cannot switch to the Advanced Options mode.

I cannot see the "ring" icon while trying to customize the icon toolbar, see screenshot below:

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 10:55:04 AM »
Hi Irobinot,

Well, I don't have a linux system available at the moment to test with, but I can respond with the following comment and suggestion:

First, the Toolbar Icon bug is most likely a reoccurrence of this one, that was introduced in 0.8 and fixed in 0.87. Eric just added the new icons for 0.9, so this is most likely from that. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

As for the issue with non-generating passwords - have you tried 0.87? If you can confirm that, then at least Eric will know it has something to do with the new code added for 0.9 (which I'm sure it is - if there was a general problem on Linux we'd have been hearing about it long before this).

The only other thing I could suggest is to move your Fifrefox profile temporarily, let FFox create a new one, then try PM with no other extensions - maybe it is a conflict with one of your extensions that only happens on Linux?

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 02:29:16 PM »
It would be nice to install PasswordMaker into a new profile with no other extensions, just to see if two or more of these extensions are conflicting somehow (although it sounds unlikely).

The toolbar palette issue I know about and will be fixed shortly. Another release should be issued today (0.9.1). You should still be able to drag-and-drop those toolbar palette things onto the toolbar and see the normal toolbar icons. Let me know if you can't.

-Eric

lrobinot

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 03:36:35 PM »
Hi Irobinot,

Well, I don't have a linux system available at the moment to test with, but I can respond with the following comment and suggestion:

First, the Toolbar Icon bug is most likely a reoccurrence of this one, that was introduced in 0.8 and fixed in 0.87. Eric just added the new icons for 0.9, so this is most likely from that. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

As for the issue with non-generating passwords - have you tried 0.87? If you can confirm that, then at least Eric will know it has something to do with the new code added for 0.9 (which I'm sure it is - if there was a general problem on Linux we'd have been hearing about it long before this).

The only other thing I could suggest is to move your Fifrefox profile temporarily, let FFox create a new one, then try PM with no other extensions - maybe it is a conflict with one of your extensions that only happens on Linux?
It works like a charm with the version 0.8.7...

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 03:58:56 PM »
It works like a charm with the version 0.8.7...
Did you try 0.9 in a clean profile with no other extensions?

You should still be able to drag-and-drop those toolbar palette things onto the toolbar and see the normal toolbar icons. Let me know if you can't.
Yes, this does work for me too...

lrobinot

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 10:15:36 AM »
Did you try 0.9 in a clean profile with no other extensions?

Yes and I have the same results, no password generated, no advanced options, ...

But the "icon dragging" is working, there is just a problem in the display list.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 10:52:52 AM »
Hmmm....

Only other thing I can think of to try - and I wish you would before Eric wastes a lot of time chasing down a non-existant bug...

Could you create a new User on your box, log in, let it create the new User home directory/profile, then do a fresh install?

Maybe something is messed up in that User profile.

Other than that, could you post details of your setup (which Linux distro, version, etc)?

Ayone else on here using Linux that can confirm/deny this bug?

I can confirm that it is working on Mac OSX (was at my sisters last night showing her how to use it), though there is a minor cosmetic issue I'll be reporting elsewhere.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 03:28:43 PM »
lrobinot, please try version 0.9.1 (just released). I think it fixes your problem.

-Eric
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:31:09 PM by Eric H. Jung »

lrobinot

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 02:16:30 PM »
lrobinot, please try version 0.9.1 (just released). I think it fixes your problem.
I can confirm that the 0.9.1 is working well on Linux!!!

Thank you very much.

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 02:16:30 PM »