Author Topic: Usage with e-mai clients . . .  (Read 5678 times)

LkonKbd

Usage with e-mai clients . . .
« on: October 19, 2005, 10:54:18 PM »
"Eric,"

Will it be too tough to make it work with our e-mail client if we change our password to access our ISP's PoP3 account?  

Because we have that type of setup on our e-mail we can change the password on our WebMail and then our e-mail client on our system will have to use that new password to be able to download.

TIA,

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 12:10:17 AM »
Will it be too tough to make it work with our e-mail client if we change our password to access our ISP's PoP3 account?
Have you tried the Konfabulator version of PasswordMaker? You don't need the browser to use it.

LkonKbd

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 06:37:09 PM »
Have you tried the Konfabulator version of PasswordMaker? You don't need the browser to use it.
"Eric,"

Thought I had responded to this one yesterday.

"Konfabulator" requires XP OR 2K and I am on Win98SE v4.10.2222A, note in my list/w my Sig below.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 07:03:09 PM »
OK. Well, I'm not sure what you're asking. Does anyone else understand?

LkonKbd

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 07:09:09 PM »
OK. Well, I'm not sure what you're asking. Does anyone else understand?
"Eric,"

"Konfabulator" requires XP OR 2K and I am on Win98SE v4.10.2222A, note in my list/w my Sig below.

The "Widget" requires the use of "Konfabulator" and then that requires XP OR 2K.  My system is Win98SE.

I thought we had this little discussion yesterday or the day before.

Offline quixin

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 07:20:57 PM »
LkonKbd wants to use PasswordMaker in his email client, I assume Thunderbird.  You suggested he just use the widget but according to him, he doest have the ability to run kofab so thats no good to him.

If you only have a few pop account passwords, why not just manage them in the browser and have the client remember the password?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 07:22:16 PM by quixin »

LkonKbd

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 08:53:39 PM »
LkonKbd wants to use PasswordMaker in his email client, I assume Thunderbird.  You suggested he just use the widget but according to him, he doest have the ability to run kofab so thats no good to him.

If you only have a few pop account passwords, why not just manage them in the browser and have the client remember the password?
"Eric,"

I apologize for the error in my thinking we had exchanged messages in this topic, it was PMs that took care of that.

"Quixin,"

Please do not 'assume' anythingy with me, I do not need your assistance in that area, spell that word again . . .'ass-u-me'.  I do that by my self, don't want to drag anyone else through that.

Now not 'BoomerBird' my client is "PegasusMail".  I will not go through the full explanation on my probs with my ISP, WebMail, and my client.  To make a long story shorter, I changed my password in WebMail and installed it in my client, my client did not work nor WebMail.  I had my ISP change my password for me, to what PWM had created then my client still did not work but my WebMial did.  Discovered copy paste from PWM to my client would not work, finally got my client to work, typed in the password from the Kbd.  This morn my WebMail access will not work but my client is working.  Not sure if the copy to 'ClpBd' is the problem or just ME.

In PMs yesterday Eric told me I would just have to be patient.  So I am, the first note, above, to Eric was I had a 'brain f__t' this morn and was confused by the fact there was not any info in the topic about what he had told me yesterday.  Then I found it in my PM area.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 09:07:21 PM »
I'm not sure I told you what to be patient about, but it wasn't this :)  I don't know how to help you with PegasusMail...

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 09:07:21 PM »