Author Topic: Export certain groups  (Read 9913 times)

Offline Romeo

Export certain groups
« on: October 19, 2005, 02:07:54 AM »
I think it might be a nice to be able to export certain groups. In other words, when group one is higlighted, you can export it as group 1.rdf, etc.

This would be especially useful, after we are able to move around accounts by drag and drop. Then one could share certain groups with friends, and the like. Currently, I import my export into my test account, blow away the accounts, which I do not want to share, export it, and then share it.
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Export certain groups
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 11:14:39 AM »
Good idea... even better would be to be able to select multiple groups (Ctrl-click or Shift-Click) and do the same thing.

Offline Romeo

Export certain groups
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 01:22:58 PM »
How does the old saying go ?  Offer your little finger and they'll take the whole hand. :D

But I am all for it.  I didn't want to ask for too much, before I had Eric on board.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 01:23:48 PM by Romeo »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Export certain groups
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 02:37:56 PM »
Sounds like a good idea. Let's add it to the list.

Offline Romeo

Export certain groups
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 12:28:37 AM »
I think it might be a nice to be able to export certain groups. In other words, when group one is higlighted, you can export it as group 1.rdf, etc.

This would be especially useful, after we are able to move around accounts by drag and drop. Then one could share certain groups with friends, and the like. Currently, I import my export into my test account, blow away the accounts, which I do not want to share, export it, and then share it.
I was just thinking about this and realized that along with this, the ability to import the exported group, merging it with all the existing groups / accounts should exist.

IMHO, this would essentially be a first easily (?) implemented attempt at implementing a synchronize feature.  The way I see it is that the user might then have to account records for the same account and could then easily delete the one, the one that presumably doen't work anymore.

PasswordMaker Forums

Export certain groups
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 12:28:37 AM »