Author Topic: no Ctrl-`  (Read 11858 times)

Guest Jan

no Ctrl-`
« on: June 20, 2005, 09:58:31 AM »
nothing matched your screen too.
I had had password_maker-0.3.5-fx+mz insalled and now overinstalled passwordmaker-0.6-fx but I didn't get an ikon (or title) together with the back-forward-Reload-Stop bar. Duing a Strg-' or Strg-´ or Strg-` nothig happened. How could I configure passwordMaker?
regards, Jan

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
no Ctrl-`
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:55:27 PM »
Hm, did you restart Firefox after installation of PasswordMaker?

Check the "Tools" menu; there should be a PasswordMaker option at the bottom. If that's not there, PasswordMaker definitely did not install. Try it again. You should also check that it's listed in Tools/Extensions.

Regards,
Eric

Jan

no Ctrl-`
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 10:44:51 AM »
yes, I restart Mozilla 1.8b2
there is no PasswordMaker in the Tools menue, Switch Profile is the bottom most,
but password generation is working in password input form fields by right mouse aktion 'PasswordMaker'
Regards, Jan

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
no Ctrl-`
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 01:35:21 PM »
Hi Jan,
I didn't realize you were using Mozillal (not Firefox). Mozilla and Netscape support was just added in version 0.6.1 beta 3. You can download/install it from here.

I hope you enjoy it,
Eric

Jan

no Ctrl-`
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 01:23:21 PM »
I installed Keyconfig and changed Ctrl-` to Ctrl-' which semes on a german keybort a change from Strg-ö to Strg-ä and now I get access to the PasswordMaker configuration.
The help files didn't work.

with the beta version, aren't there incompatibilities to former versions
and a FAQ would be, how to uninstall (I tried just to delete files, but ended with a ruined browser, and restored the files again).

Regards, Jan

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
no Ctrl-`
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 03:40:37 PM »
Hello Jan,

with the beta version, aren't there incompatibilities to former versions
Only if you use SHA-256 or RIPEMD-160.

and a FAQ would be, how to uninstall
Could you please tell me which browser you are using? If you are using FireFox, you can use the Extension Manager to uninstall...Are you using Mozilla or Netscape?

Regards,
Eric

no Ctrl-`
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 10:52:18 AM »
I'm using Mozilla1.8b2.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
no Ctrl-`
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 04:39:31 PM »
Since Mozilla support was only added a few days ago (0.6.1 beta3), and I haven't even tested it with Mozilla 1.8.x (only 1.7.x), I'll have to get back to you. Is there a reason you installed it to Mozilla 1.8.x when the beta directions say only 1.7.x is supported?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 04:55:27 PM by grimholtz »

Jan

no Ctrl-`
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 04:29:55 PM »
I had PasswordMaker 3.5 with Mozilla1.7 (no Ctrl-´ and icon, too) and I moved to SeaMonkey  (Mozilla1.8b2 because I want it all, and don't like the icon driven crippled preference in Firefox & Co) and tried PasswordMaker3.6 (no Ctrl-´ and icon but now I used Keyconfig to define Strg-ä , which shows up as Ctrl-' but I had to press Strg and Ä and the PasswordMaker 3.6 configuration dialog shows up - nice).
You told me, that 3.6beta3 will support Mozilla and I would like to test it (for sure with SeaMonkey but I could alternatively start Mozilla1.7 because some times the 1.8b-versions are corrupted). PasswordMaker beta should be installed after removal of previous PasswordMakers, and that is, what I want to do, but didn't know how to do this correct.
Though its bit gambling, to test PasswordMaker with SeaMonkey and really not necessary (because thanks to Keyconfig, now I could use PasswordMaker), I think that it should be part of the (future, because Mozilla support was just added, as you stated) FAQ, how to uninstall PasswordMaker with Mozilla, too.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
no Ctrl-`
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 08:19:53 PM »
I think that it should be part of the (future, because Mozilla support was just added, as you stated) FAQ, how to uninstall PasswordMaker with Mozilla, too.
Yes, I most certainly will add this to the FAQ as soon as I figure it out myself! The [http= http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/]Mnenhy extension[/url] might do it, but I haven't tried. I'll find the exact paths/files to delete and post them to the FAQ.

Thanks,
Eric

Jan

no Ctrl-`
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 10:45:44 PM »
I installed Chrome Manager from mnenhy and removed PasswordManager6. Installed passwdmaker-0.6.1-beta4 and now icon and Tool menu appeared.
Key_passwordmanager in Keyconfig disappeared, this way I couldn't redefine Strg-Ä (but Strg-Ä it is still active and shown as Ctrl-' in the Tool menu).
Mozilla1.8b2 is fine.
My Mozilla1.7.3 messed up, I couldn't open a new window, but in the existing window PwdMkr show up in the address bar and Tool menu.

PasswordMaker Forums

no Ctrl-`
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 10:45:44 PM »