Author Topic: Forum question  (Read 7265 times)

LkonKbd

Forum question
« on: October 17, 2005, 12:18:39 PM »
Just curious, could there be a field added for us to enter our O/S and maybe some additional info that should be shown each time we ask a question (would be always displayed in our entries), that would assist you in knowing this and we/I, at least, always forget to put it there.

One additional question, could there be a selectable box added to 'My Control', for setup of our Forum, check the 'E-mail notification' (another one I keep forgetting to check) on our topics or responses, at least for one response we receive?  Any more we would have to check the box on the reply screen or maybe for any response after our entry.  Whichever you feel we should have.

TIA, CU L8R,
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 12:23:24 PM by LkonKbd »

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Forum question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 02:24:58 PM »
Hi LkonKbd,

Just curious, could there be a field added for us to enter our O/S and maybe some additional info that should be shown each time we ask a question (would be always displayed in our entries), that would assist you in knowing this and we/I, at least, always forget to put it there.
Yes, just put this in your signature after " One should keep their mouth closed And be thought of as a FOOL Than to open it and remove all DOUBT!" Then it will automatically appear it all of your posts, old and new.

One additional question, could there be a selectable box added to 'My Control', for setup of our Forum, check the 'E-mail notification'
For topics you start (like this one), you should get emails automatically when someone replies. If you're not getting them, let me know. For existing topics (ones you didn't start), you can get email notification when a reply is posted by clicking on the "Track this topic" link at the top-right (next to "Attach New Poll).

Will that suffice?
Eric

Forum question
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 06:09:23 PM »
"Eric,"

The reason I made this request is I keep forgetting to tick that check box.  Would like that checked always, if there was a selection for that feature then it will not be a problem any longer.

TIA, CU L8R,

'LkonKbd'

Forum question
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 06:11:06 PM »
Now I am doing it,

Forget to login.

How about this Log Me in next time is checked when I log in and it never has.

TIA, CU L8R,

'LkonKbd'

LkonKbd

Forum question
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 06:13:13 PM »
OK,

So it says "Remeber Me" it still is not doing that.

TIA,

LkonKbd

Forum question
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 06:25:36 PM »
Hi LkonKbd,

Yes, just put this in your signature after " One should keep their mouth closed And be thought of as a FOOL Than to open it and remove all DOUBT!" Then it will automatically appear it all of your posts, old and new.

For topics you start (like this one), you should get emails automatically when someone replies. If you're not getting them, let me know. For existing topics (ones you didn't start), you can get email notification when a reply is posted by clicking on the "Track this topic" link at the top-right (next to "Attach New Poll).

Will that suffice?
Eric
From Eric above:
"Then it will automatically appear it all of your posts, old and new."

Not the Ole` ones, just New, after the change.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Forum question
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 09:09:35 PM »
Yes, there is a way to have this checkbox automatically ticked... because it is automatically ticked for me. I just don't remember how I did it :)
Quixin, do you know how to do this?

LkonKbd

Forum question
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 10:06:10 PM »
Yes, there is a way to have this checkbox automatically ticked... because it is automatically ticked for me. I just don't remember how I did it :)
Quixin, do you know how to do this?
Eric,

If you are referencing the line, "So it says "Remember Me" it still is not doing that." from one of my earlier messages, it is 'ticked' for "RememberMe" but isn't remembering.

Offline Romeo

Forum question
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 10:34:31 PM »
If you are referencing the line, "So it says "Remember Me" it still is not doing that." from one of my earlier messages, it is 'ticked' for "RememberMe" but isn't remembering.
If i am not incorrect here, I think you'll need to have cookies enabled for the forum software to 'Remember you'.  Knowing you LkonKbd, you',ve probably got firefox not to remember any personal information.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 10:35:05 PM by Romeo »
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Forum question
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 10:48:44 PM »
If i am not incorrect here, I think you'll need to have cookies enabled for the forum software to 'Remember you'.
Yes, that is true. Note that with most cookie cleaners, you can add a website to an "exception list" so its cookies aren't cleared.

And by the way, if you aren't logged in when you post a message (i.e., you post it as guest), you won't get email notification of replies!

LkonKbd

Forum question
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 11:53:27 PM »
Yes, that is true. Note that with most cookie cleaners, you can add a website to an "exception list" so its cookies aren't cleared.

And by the way, if you aren't logged in when you post a message (i.e., you post it as guest), you won't get email notification of replies!
OK folks,

I do have FF setup to accept cookies, but; my firewall may be my problem, it is supposed to pass cookies but have to put PWM dot Org in the plug-in.  Now to test this setup.  Maybe later.

Have to go meet the stranger in the other room, she tells me she is married but cannot remember what he looks like.

PasswordMaker Forums

Forum question
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 11:53:27 PM »