Author Topic: Special characters removed . . . .  (Read 6217 times)

LkonKbd

Special characters removed . . . .
« on: October 09, 2005, 09:53:27 PM »
For anyone that may know what is happening.

I have noticed when creating a 'Group,' 'Account,' and filling in the blanks from top to bottom.  That is the way it is supposed to be done, right?  PassWords are not as they should be.

What I am doing when it comes to the 'Character' field is remove the special ones after the number nine (9) and copy the upper & lower case along with the numbers and posting them again beyond the last number.  Those are now in there twice.  Set the 'Password Length' to say 22 (makes not difference) and place some info in each of the normally used fields.  Without the 'Password' being blocked by astersks (*) and there are special characters in the password.  PassWord Example: j7p3n3x2mm'/m69'67x6jx note the 'slash' and 'single quote' [two (2) of them].  I have seen this before even without the long password.  Example of character box:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQ RSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

CU L8R,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 01:48:34 AM »
I just tried what you are describing, and am unable to duplicate...

Can you provide the *specific* settings you are using?

Maybe you need to go back to square one, and read the documentation on PM... No offense intended, but you seem to not even understand what the Master Password is or how it works in the scheme of things, so I am wondering how much other stuff about PM you are not understanding...

'LkonKbd'

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 02:26:59 AM »
I just tried what you are describing, and am unable to duplicate...

Can you provide the *specific* settings you are using?

Maybe you need to go back to square one, and read the documentation on PM... No offense intended, but you seem to not even understand what the Master Password is or how it works in the scheme of things, so I am wondering how much other stuff about PM you are not understanding...
"tanstaafl"

Will do just that and one last question before I do that?

If the MasterPassWord has any special characters will that transfer to the other passwords?

Thank you for reading this and for the suggestion,

No offense taken either,

CU L8R,

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 07:11:08 PM »
'LkonKbd',
You are likely applying l33t-speak to your generated passwords. lsome levels of 33t use special characters, so even if you remove the all special characters from the Characters field, you can still get single-quote substituted for the number 1, and slashes substituted for other characters; e.g., "M" becomes /\/\

If the MasterPassWord has any special characters will that transfer to the other passwords?
No.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 07:29:14 PM »
You are likely applying l33t-speak to your generated passwords. lsome levels of 33t use special characters, so even if you remove the all special characters from the Characters field, you can still get single-quote substituted for the number 1, and slashes substituted for other characters; e.g., "M" becomes /\/\
Ahh... didn't know that either - will file this one for future reference...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 01:41:29 PM »
There's actually a feature request which states that a warning message be displayed when choosing l33t that your character set is used PLUS the l33t characters.

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 01:51:07 PM »
Not a problem, just me doing thingys MY way and finding out that is not the way to do it.

I am presently working on going through the books again, these should be done in PDF so we can download, read, study, and learn all that is there.  For those that have a 'dsl' or cable mdm this method is not bad.  When you are on a dialup and there are sooo mmaannyy pages that you have to click to get to is very time consuming.  If they were all in one then we could study them offline.  Plus there are several areas that could do with some clearing-up and maybe adding some missing letters.  I am not one that should attempt that, because; Webster's UnAbridged Dictionary is required.

CU L8R,

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 01:59:37 PM »
User: LkonKbd

"Tanstaafl"

See there?  You are not the only one. . .that makes this ERROR. . . not logging in.

Excuseme,
CU L8R,

P.S. Why is there a checkedbox for "Enable Signature" for UnRegistered Guests?

CU L8R,

"LkonKbd"

LkonKbd

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 08:12:17 PM »
If one is on the FORUM why send a TXT message of someone replying to one of our posts?  Could there be a POP-UP box/window to notify us?  Plus could the Topics one has visited be marked/identified with a different color envelope or the envelope opened so we know which ones have been visited by that visitor?

CU L8R,

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 08:12:17 PM »