Author Topic: RDF file question  (Read 5305 times)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
RDF file question
« on: October 07, 2005, 07:44:14 PM »
I'm fairly certain the answer to this is no... but there's no reason I can't move an RDF file between different Windows Profiles (different user names), is there? No hard-coded paths or anything?

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
RDF file question
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 08:04:18 PM »
Open the file and see if there are.

Now where the heck is Password Maker storing it's settings?
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
RDF file question
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 08:33:58 PM »
Hey - I've a habit of missing things that are very obvious - but, you're right, dumb question... -_-

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
RDF file question
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 09:42:42 PM »
I'm fairly certain the answer to this is no... but there's no reason I can't move an RDF file between different Windows Profiles (different user names), is there? No hard-coded paths or anything?
Although I haven't tried it, there's no reason why this shouldn't work. PasswordMaker doesn't hard-code paths to passwordmaker.rdf (although the filename is hardcoded--for now). The paths are all dependent on the logged-on user. So you can freely copy the file to other Windows profiles, and as long as you put it in the correct place it will be found by PasswordMaker when you log in as that user. Of course, PasswordMaker must also be installed for that user.

Example. Suppose you have user miquelfire and tanstaafl on the same Windows XP box. If you want miquelfire to have tanstaafl's settings, copy:

C:\Documents and Settings\tanstaafl\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\profile\passwordmaker.rdf

to

C:\Documents and Settings\miquelfire\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\profile\passwordmaker.rdf
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:43:42 PM by Eric H. Jung »

Offline quixin

RDF file question
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 09:55:49 PM »
This does work perfectly.  I have transferd my .rdf to two other windows profiles (laptop & work), both with different paths.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:56:35 PM by quixin »

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
RDF file question
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 02:04:49 AM »
Perfect - thanks for the confirmation ...

PasswordMaker Forums

RDF file question
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 02:04:49 AM »