Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut on OS X  (Read 9466 times)

Jeroen

Keyboard shortcut on OS X
« on: October 06, 2005, 07:39:43 PM »
You might want to change the keyboard shortcut you use for OS X, it is currentl set to cmd-`, which is the system shortcut for changing between windows of the current application.
And since this is something I do a lot, I don't really like it that this is now taken by PasswordMaker.

Also, it would be nice if the window that pops up when you press that shortcut, responds to cmd-w or the close button, instead of only the escape key.

Finally, you might want to fix your contacts page, I tried to submit it there first, but it gave me a "page not found".

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 10:30:16 PM »
Hi Jeroen,

You might want to change the keyboard shortcut you use for OS X, it is currentl set to cmd-`, which is the system shortcut for changing between windows of the current application.
This was fixed in PasswordMaker version 0.7.3 to Ctrl-`. Are you sure you're using the latest version of PasswordMaker?

Finally, you might want to fix your contacts page, I tried to submit it there first, but it gave me a "page not found".
Thank you. I didn't know about that and will fix it shortly.

Also, it would be nice if the window that pops up when you press that shortcut, responds to cmd-w or the close button, instead of only the escape key.
OK, that's easy to do. Tyrantmizar, can you add it to the feature request list?

Thanks,
Eric

Offline Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 01:52:34 AM »
PC Ctrl is Cmd on Mac. Didn't know that Cmd+` was used for a common feature on a Mac though.
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline Tyrantmizar

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 10:56:29 PM »
added as "Close button for MPW popup in Mac OS X" to the FRL

Please tell me if I didn't quite catch exactly what's being requested.  I didn't have enough time to read every single post, though this topic was hardly the biggest offender (*cough*)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 10:56:43 PM by Tyrantmizar »
Tyrantmizar
- <a href="http://tyrantmizar.blogsome.com/">Check out my blog</a> (shameless plug :P)
- Lord of the Feature Requests / Enhancements Forum - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Lord of the other one, the [url=http://forums.passwordmaker.o

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 10:56:29 PM »