Author Topic: Background color issue.  (Read 4909 times)

Online Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Background color issue.
« on: October 04, 2005, 01:28:12 AM »
It seems different themes can sort of break the look of the Password Maker dialog.

http://www.miquelfire.com/stuff/pm-bg_issue.png

With the theme I'm using, it's set the background color to a light gray while PM is using the Windows background color. I don't know much about programming extensions for FireFox, but is there a way to the current theme's background color to blend in a text field? Maybe making the background transparent? (Will cause issues if someone is using a blue based theme)
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

Offline quixin

Background color issue.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 01:33:22 AM »
I'm sure Eric will weigh in on this, but it has been my experience that poorly made Firefox themes visually screw up all types of my extensions that have a UI.  I don't know if there is something that Eric can do to keep PasswordMaker immune.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Background color issue.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 01:50:56 AM »
I'm sure Eric will weigh in on this, but it has been my experience that poorly made Firefox themes visually screw up all types of my extensions that have a UI.
I'll agree with that. However, I might also take partial blame. Colors in the extension are all applied with styles (CSS). Firefox/Moz/NS define a number of built-in CSS classes which you're supposed to use in many cases instead of writing your own styles. There may be some places where I'm using inappropriate CSS classes or my own styles instead of the correct built-in class. Alternatively, it could just be a problem with the theme.

In order to check this out, I'll need to know which theme you're using (with a link to it) and whether you're on FF, Moz, or Netscape. I know little about how themes work, so I'll have to read up a bit on them, too.

-Eric

edit: nice home page. now when are you gonna help us with passwordmaker.org?  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 01:52:34 AM by Eric H. Jung »

Online Miquel 'Fire' Burns

• Administrator
  • Programmer
Background color issue.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 03:33:44 AM »
Firefox 1.0.7 using iFox 1.5.2 (http://www.radar.250x.com/tb.html)

Um, the Gallery, part of the package I used, and the main page is a design I'm going to ditch when/if I write the backend stuff.

[edit] Posting late at night is bad.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 03:48:41 PM by miquelfire »
"I'm not drunk, just sleep deprived."

PasswordMaker Forums

Background color issue.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 03:33:44 AM »