Author Topic: Mozilla Update  (Read 946017 times)

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
Mozilla Update
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2005, 10:59:18 AM »
One problem is keeping the list up-to-date; really wouldn't be fair or ethical to compare newest PM against older other apps. (and would probably generate a lot of nasty messages... On the other hand, having PM "fail" because of missing must-have features generates feelings of honesty and integrity - I'm always impressed when someone says their product isn't what I'm looking for, and recommends another.)
Interesting idea - I'm sure that Eric wouldn't mind putting it up if someone else writes the code (and it works well), but it sounds like a lot of work, and not sure the benefit is worth it. I know I don't want *Eric* spending his time on something like that - there're too many PM features in the works right now - more than enough to keep him busy for the next 6 months or more... and don't forget he's got a day job, and a family...

As for keeping the list up to date - and eliminating the nasty messages - just allow people to 'correct' it - add comments saying that such-n-such a feature is now available in version x of prog y. This would have to be validate dof course, but it would provide a feedback mechanism rather than forcing people to the nastygram level, and make it easier for whoever is maintaining the list - they get prompted to when it becomes necessary...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
Mozilla Update
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2005, 01:02:13 PM »
I would be more than willing to add such a page to the website if someone else wrote the code for it...

PasswordMaker Forums

Mozilla Update
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2005, 01:02:13 PM »