Author Topic: Created Account then Deleted . . .  (Read 14203 times)

LkonKbd

Created Account then Deleted . . .
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 02:39:22 AM »
"Eric"

I send my apologies for the dual discussion on this subject.  I have been running in circles this evening.  

I will work on that removing the "*.rdf" file and will let you know what the results are, later.

First, I am going to sleep on this tonight and work on it tomorrow my mind is running after some electrons orbiting an atom at this time.  Too many ideas and too many problems.  Will have to work on them one at a time so the confusion is limited to only ME and not with the problems.

Have a good evening and Thank You each and everyone that had ideas on this.

CU L8R,

LkonKbd

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 04:19:04 PM »
First, I am going to sleep on this tonight and work on it tomorrow my mind is running after some electrons orbiting an atom at this time.  Too many ideas and too many problems.  Will have to work on them one at a time so the confusion is limited to only ME and not with the problems.

Have a good evening and Thank You each and everyone that had ideas on this.

CU L8R,
All that have attempted to assist me on this,

After doing some research on my installations and messages since the start of my use of PasswordMaker is about 9/12/2005 v0.8.2 was my first download.  That is where I had created some accounts and did some deletions.  I also downloaded v0.8.3 thru v0.8.7 as they were released.  Some where in the area of v0.8.3 and v0.8.4 maybe is the time frame the deletions took place.  Cannot be anymore accurate than that.

As mentioned last nite the '.rdf' file was located and this morn started making some adjustments in my operation of PasswordMaker v0.8.7.  Created my accounts again, manually, did do some deletions and so far nothing unusual has appeared.  Everythingy has performed as expected, not as it had before.  The extra, deleted, accounts are not there.

Thank you 'Eric' for your assistance in locating my 'PasswordMaker.rdf' file was what I needed.  Plus the recommendation of NOT creating the new FF profile and having to go through all the HeadAches of recreating all of what is there in my present install of FF.  'quixin' you suggestion is a good idea except for the fact I am not that good at going through all of that again, once is enough for me.

Thank you 'Romeo' for your question, you made me think about my installation and when thingys had taken place.

Thank you 'quixin' for your "Hitting the Nail on the Head"/w "Multi-Account window titled 'Choose Account'".  I am so glad that all are so much smarter than I.

Thank you 'tanstaafl' for going to all of the trouble of 'TESTing' my mistakes at least we know it is not in the newest version, just in my ERRORS on my system.

It is all cleared and functioning correctly, from what I can tell if I do not make any more mistakes.

Again Thank You,

CU L8R,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 04:23:13 PM »
Glad everything is working correctly for you now! It would have been better if we could have pinpointed the source of the problem, but it apparently was just 'one of those things', since no one else has reported experiencing the same thing.

Now, go make some passwords!  :nerd:

LkonKbd

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 04:51:23 PM »
Glad everything is working correctly for you now! It would have been better if we could have pinpointed the source of the problem, but it apparently was just 'one of those things', since no one else has reported experiencing the same thing.

Now, go make some passwords!  :nerd:
Thank you I will.

You made one mistake, left out the, "DoNot make any ERRORS."

Thank you,

CU L8R,

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 08:20:12 PM »
:hehe:

LkonKbd

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2005, 05:22:53 PM »
Well it has happened again to ME!!  It must be my system, Win98SE v4.10.2222A, but; quoted from tanstaafl message, "Multi-Account window titled 'Choose Account'" now I have the 'Group' name in there as well as the 'Account' name to choose from.  Well I know the 'Group' will not have a password to use so that is not very difficult but why is it giving me this window?  It is only doing that on the 'Group' for PassWordMaker.

This did not happen when I had updated to v0.8.7 it was a couple of days later.  Maybe I need to go in and remove the '.rdf' file again and then recreate everything recording what steps are taken and we can find this "UnDocumented Feature" creature.

What am I doing WONG er Wrong,

'Eric,'

Actually I have not deleted those other '.rdf' files, changed the names so they would not be recognized by the system.  Would you like those files sent to you as an attachment?  By way of a PM of course.

Excuse me for this, I forgot to mention this is not from any deletion.  It is the display of the 'Group' along with the 'Account' for making my selection.  From a 'Choose Account' window.

I await your return,
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 08:09:49 PM by LkonKbd »

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 01:16:16 AM »
Any chance of a screenshot of this one??

I will be able to spend a bit of time on this tomorrow, though it may have to wait until afternoon.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2005, 07:16:17 PM »
LkonKbd, sure send me the files. That could help. Also, a screenshot like tanstaafl suggests would be very useful.

-Eric

LkonKbd

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2005, 01:46:18 AM »
OK folks from the DUMMY to you on this subject.

Eric,
Which files?  Like I said in the opening of this messag "from the DUMMY."

Tanstaafl,

I have not been able to do a screenshot and do you want it of the "Multiple Account" window or of the 'Settings' for one of the PassWords?

I do not have a printer connected to my system and my 'PrintScreen' and 'Ctrl+P' will not give me a screenshot.

I await your return,

Offline Romeo

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2005, 02:36:17 AM »
LkonKbd, if you are on Windows, do Alt <prtscn> and paste in into your favorite graphics application.

Hope that helps.
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2005, 11:19:35 AM »
There's also a great free utility that I use all the time, called ScreenHunter. Give it a try...

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2005, 04:06:37 PM »
LkonKbd,

Eric,
Which files? Like I said in the opening of this messag "from the DUMMY."
The old passwordmaker.rdf files you renamed.

LkonKbd

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2005, 07:44:12 PM »
OK! OK! Folks,

Found my problem with 'ScrnPrnt', dummy dummy, was attempting to Paste it in my TXT editor, real bright.  I found my 'Display NotePad' and there it is.  Give me a little time to get thingys together and "I will be back" some time.

L8R DUDES,

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2005, 07:44:12 PM »