Author Topic: Created Account then Deleted . . .  (Read 14214 times)

LkonKbd

Created Account then Deleted . . .
« on: September 25, 2005, 05:24:09 PM »
"Eric,"

When first using 'PassWordMaker' there were some accounts created but were deleted from the AdvancedOptions window.  Now when using the account that was kept the other one is displayed as one of my choices and is rotated to the top the next time that URL is accessed.  How would I remove that other un-usable account?  Where would I go to take it out?

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 06:08:07 PM »
In the 'Advanced Settings' window, simply click the Account in question and 'Delete Selection' (or right-click on it and 'Delete Selection') - unless I am misunderstanding you?

Charles

LkonKbd

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 07:28:17 PM »
In the 'Advanced Settings' window, simply click the Account in question and 'Delete Selection' (or right-click on it and 'Delete Selection') - unless I am misunderstanding you?

Charles
"Eric,"

I think you are mis-understanding, I did do the delete thingy after deciding what I had was not right.  It did disappear from the window and I created another and saved it.  Now when I right click on the username field when entering a forum I get the one I deleted and the one I saved.  This was done during v0.8.2 or 3 cannot remember how far back it was.

TIA,

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 02:19:38 AM »
Hi LkonKbd,

That was Charles (tanstaafl) helping you earlier, not me :), and he gave you good advice.

I checked the code in the latest version and can't find anything which would cause the problem you describe, but you should upgrade to the the newest version when you have a chance...

-Eric

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 10:50:11 AM »
Weird - I missed that part about having already deleted the account. I haven't seen this either...

Which version of PasswordMaker are you using LkonKbd? What OS/version?

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 08:23:57 PM »
"tanstaafl" & "Eric",

Excuse me for not answering sooner, have been working with a different software.

"tanstaafl" also you please excuse me for that error in my reply to you and put Eric there.

To answer several questions, Win98SE v4.10.2222A on an AMD K6-2 3D sound.  PasswordMaker v0.8.6, if there is a later version will collect it ASAP.  Have not checked in awhile.

Allow me to explain better?  I created some accounts, testing to see what was required and how to.  I went back and created the accounts I was wanting to keep.  While in the window 'PasswordMaker Advanced Options' the ones that were to be removed were highlighted and deleted in turn.  They do not show in that window any longer.  When accessing one of the URLs that requre a passoword the UserID is typed in by ME, right click on the password field and there are two (2) selections to choose from, even the one I had deleted.  I do not select the one that has been deleted ,but; how do I remove it from this selection area?

Have other problems with PWM and will post in a different topic.  That is why I did not login.

'LkonKbd'

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 08:26:39 PM »
Hmm... I'm still not sure I understand exactly when this occurs but...

Is it possible what you are seeing is Windows Auto-complete, as opposed to something PasswordMaker is doing?

Meanwhile, I'll set up a clean profile and try to duplicate your situation and get back to you...

Offline quixin

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 08:33:42 PM »
Its sounds like you are describing an old account that has been deleted is appearing in the Multi-Account window titled 'Choose Account'.  Is that correct?

Offline Romeo

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 08:55:30 PM »
"Eric,"

When first using 'PassWordMaker' there were some accounts created but were deleted from the AdvancedOptions window.  Now when using the account that was kept the other one is displayed as one of my choices and is rotated to the top the next time that URL is accessed.  How would I remove that other un-usable account?  Where would I go to take it out?
My question is if you closed FF between the deletion and the 're-occurance' of the deleted account.
It is impossible to create a fool-proof system, because fools are ingenious.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 08:56:51 PM »
By the way, here is a picture of what auto-complete looks like (as mentioned by tanstaafl):

'LkonKbd'

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 09:13:18 PM »
Its sounds like you are describing an old account that has been deleted is appearing in the Multi-Account window titled 'Choose Account'.  Is that correct?
"quixin"

You are so CORRECT, I hate this pantemime game, I just wish the titles of these windows would stay with me longenough to send a message.  I get to thinking about what I need to put down and then cannot remember what I was doing.  Now, Who AM I?  No, just kidding, back to my original problem.

Yes, that is it, ". . . an old account that has been deleted is appearing in the Multi-Account window titled 'Choose Account'."

'LkonKbd'

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 09:19:34 PM »
"Romeo"

Good idea, but; those deletions were done about 3 weeks ago and they are still showing in the "Multi-Account window titled 'Choose Account'" taken from  "quixin" message.  They are still there!!

Thank you for this idea.

"Eric"

I understand the 'Autocomplete' selection drop down, that is not it.

'LkonKbd'

Offline tanstaafl

• God Member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 09:22:31 PM »
Ok, I just tested this - added one of my other Yahoo accounts, got the prompt in the 'Choose Account' window as you describe... then deleted the account I just added, and no more prompt (it just auto fills in the only othe rYahoo account I had set up).

So, I am unable to duplicate your problem...

How long have you been using PM? If you've been using it for a while, could it be some kind of corruption in the RDF file caused by changes to PM over its different versions? Maybe the Account was created in an older version, and deleted in a newer?

I dunno... "it works for me"...

Sorry I couldn't be more help...

Offline quixin

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 09:28:43 PM »
I would suggest creating a new Firefox profile and install PasswordMaker.  Go back over the same steps you used before and see if you get the same problem.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 10:49:31 PM »
I would suggest creating a new Firefox profile and install PasswordMaker
Good advice, quxin, but his bookmarks and other extensions won't be in the new profile (if he has any, that is). I'd create a new Firefox profile only as a last resort. Before you do that, LkonKbd, make sure you manually delete passwordmaker.rdf as we're discussing simultaneously in this thread.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 10:50:11 PM by Eric H. Jung »

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 10:49:31 PM »