Firefox/SeaMonkey/Mozilla/Netscape/Flock Browser Extension > Tips And Tricks

Import passwordmaker.rdf from remote location

(1/3) > >>

quixin:
If you have Windows XP (not sure if this applies to other versions) you can import your passwordmaker.rdf from a remote location by using Win XP's ability to load a URL through the open field.  For example, I can manually upload my password file from work to my FTP site.  When I get home I can simply open PasswordMaker, Choose 'Import Setting', type the URL to the passwordmaker.rdf into the 'File Name:' field and the file will be loaded right into PasswordMaker.

There is already a request to have PasswordMaker upload settings to an FTP address.  If your looking for that feature, make sure to go and vote for it under the Feature Requests/Enhancement forum.

Eric H. Jung:
Hi quixin, can you give us an example? A screenshot or even just how/where you enter the URL of the remote site...

quixin:
Absolutely.

This is in the window directly after File/Import Settings... (or CTRL-I).  It would normally be the location of the file on your hard drive or disk or wherever you stored your password file.  This field will not only point to a local location but to any URL.

If you choose to store your password file on an FTP site it basically just saves you a step of saving the file from that location and then importing.

redface:
Can this also be done by simply copying the rdf file to portable media such as a flash drive and then copying it over the rdf file on the remote machine?

quixin:

--- Quote --- Can this also be done by simply copying the rdf file to portable media such as a flash drive and then copying it over the rdf file on the remote machine?
--- End quote ---
Absolutely, as well as e-mail as an attachment and any other way you have the ability of transporting the file from one location to another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version