Author Topic: Online vs Legacy when you install  (Read 6479 times)

mboverload

Online vs Legacy when you install
« on: August 26, 2005, 09:10:49 PM »
How about having an option so you could select the online version options after you install?  Like some extensions do after you install them.  You restart the browser and a message popups up.  Check out the Filterset.g updater extension for what I mean.

The online version could also have a "legacy" version for the old settings and a new setting of HMAC-SHA-256.

Love your extension though.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 05:48:20 PM »
How about having an option so you could select the online version options after you install?
I don't think I understand. The online version options are configurable to anything you like--and they are maintained in a cookie so next time you visit they are the same. Are you saying you'd like the extension to read this cookie and "synchronize itself" with the settings you've chosen in the online version?

The online version could also have a "legacy" version for the old settings and a new setting of HMAC-SHA-256.
Again, I don't understand. The online version already has a setting for HMAC-SHA-256.

Love your extension though.
Thanks!

mboverload

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 12:44:30 PM »
What I am trying to get at is that the online and extension spit out different passwords because they have different default settings.

Namely the characters used.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 12:49:01 PM »
Ok I saw your post in the other thread and you got what I was saying.

Maybe have a drop down box for

Legacy Online Version
Firefox Version
Version with HMAC-SHA-256, 12 characters, the default characters in the online version, and domain checked.  Of course that would just be pandering to me  :rolleyes:

I recommend your extension a lot on the G4TV Tech Support boards.

Offline Eric H. Jung

• grimholtz
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 09:22:05 PM »
I recommend your extension a lot on the G4TV Tech Support boards.
Thank you! I appreciate that very much.

Very shortly, the online and extension versiosn will have the same default settings. Would that solve the problem?

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 06:46:26 PM »
Yes, thank you.

It took alot fo take the time to tell people on how to set the online and extensions versions to the same settings :)

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 06:46:35 PM »
Yes, thank you.

It took alot fo take the time to tell people on how to set the online and extensions versions to the same settings :)

PasswordMaker Forums

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 06:46:35 PM »